|Effects:||+30% Attack Speed|
+12 attack damage
|Passive:||Unique - Maim: Basic attacks against monsters deal 75 bonus magic damage and heal 10 Health on hit.|
Unique - Gain 30% increased Gold from monsters.
|Active:||Unique: Places a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 180 seconds (180 second cooldown).|
|This item has been removed from League of Legends and may contain outdated information.
It was removed in Patch v4.20.
Wriggle's Lantern was a legendary item in League of Legends.
- If used immediately after cooldown, it provides approximately 4 gold every 10 seconds in ward buying costs
- The ward does not reveal nearby stealthed units.
- The ward lasts for three minutes.
- The passive bonus damage is magic damage and does not proc lifesteal or spellvamp.
- The proc from Madred's Razors does not stack with Wriggle's Lantern
- Wriggle's Lantern is unavailable in the game mode Dominion.
- This item is most often bought by jungling champions who need the passive bonus damage to help clear the jungle faster.
- It is particularly useful for controlling Dragon and Baron Nashor as you can use the active to keep vision of the objectives and the bonus damage passive will help greatly decrease the time required to kill them.
- Useful for junglers such as Lee Sin who can make good use of it's warding ability.
- A ward gives 20 gold when destroyed.
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value.
- Nearby allied champions with Oracle's Elixir, or allied champions that placed Vision Wards nearby, split 50% of the ward's base gold value.
- Tools > Gold Income
- Tools > Vision & Trinkets
- Attack > Attack Speed
- Defense > Armor
- This item is a reference to both the player Wriggle and the firefly character Wriggle Nightbug from the Touhou Project.
- Wriggle's Lantern is one of the most cost-efficient items in-game. For 150 gold the champion obtains 8 attack damage, 7 armor, 2% life steal and a free ward every three minutes.
- In the v22.214.171.124 (April Fool's Day) patch Wriggles Lantern was give a unique passive of "Taunts nearby Jaxes (both enemy and allied)."
- COMBINE COST:
240 gold ⇒ 215 gold (total cost remains the same)
"When we designed Feral Flare, we looked at 'carry' junglers who picked up Wriggle's Lantern and looked for ways to support that playstyle. Then we released Feral Flare and realized we may have gone too far."
"While Feral Flare does deliver on its core goal of supporting carry junglers, it's also doing it at the expense of potentially several other players on the map. Because Feral Flare's power is essentially tied to how long junglers can ignore their team, the optimal strategy has been to hide away for as long as possible before making a first appearance as the strongest champion on the map - even in comparison to solo laners who have to scrap out their gold against equally matched opponents (we mentioned this in the foreword, but it's worth repeating here). Long-term, we still like the concept of 'carry' style junglers, but we're currently exploring ways to support them in a way that's healthy for the game."
- "NEW" UTILITY: Kills and Assists now count toward transforming into Feral Flare
- MAIM PASSIVE:
+100 damage against monsters ⇒ +75 damage against monsters
We wanted to err on the stronger side with Feral Flare's release so that players could see exactly what it offered as a carry jungle item. That certainly hasn't been a problem, as it's performed extremely well thus far. Too well.
- TOTAL COST:
1650 gold ⇒ 1800 gold
- FERAL FLARE TRANSFORM:
25 large monster kills ⇒ 30 large monster kills
We're currently working on the Wriggle's line of items and, in patch 4.5, we'll be introducing an "evolution" to Wriggle's Lantern where it transforms into a more powerful item called Feral Flare when you accumulate a large number of monster kills. Once again, that item will hit in 4.5 but you can play with the minor Madred's and Wriggle's changes for now.
The specific goal here is to fill in the “missing link” of jungle items for basic attack reliant champions. We really want to give 'carry' junglers an item that focuses on a weaker early game for mid to late game payoffs.
Madred's Razors now gives attack speed rather than armor. Wriggle's Lantern now gives attack damage and a little more attack speed rather than armor and attack speed.
- "NEW" RECIPE:
Madred's Razors + Dagger + Dagger + 150 gold (total cost 1650 gold) ⇒ Madred's Razors + Long Sword + Dagger + 140 gold (total cost 1650 gold)
- "NEW" ATTACK DAMAGE: +12 attack damage
- ATTACK SPEED:
25% ⇒ 30%
+20 Armor ⇒ Removed
- PASSIVE GOLD BONUS:
40% increased gold from monsters ⇒ 30% increased gold from monsters
- PASSIVE MAIM: (Unchanged) Basic attacks against monsters deal 100 bonus magic damage and restore 10 health.
- ACTIVE: (Unchanged) Places a stealth ward that lasts 180 seconds (cooldown: 180 seconds)
25/11/2013 Gameplay Hotfix
- Combine cost reduced to 150 gold from 300 (total cost 1650 from 1800)
- Recipe: Madred's Razors + Dagger + Dagger (Total 1800 Gold)
- +20 Armor
- +25% Attack Speed
- UNIQUE Passive - Maim: Deals 100 magic damage and heals 10 on hit against monsters
- UNIQUE Passive: Gain 40% increased gold from monsters
- UNIQUE Active: Places a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 180 seconds (180 second cooldown)
- Wriggle's Lantern Ward is now worth 20 gold, up from 15
- The reward structure for killing wards has been changed to the following:
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value
- Nearby allied champions with Oracle's Elixir, or allied champions that placed Vision Wards nearby, split 50% of the ward's base gold value
- UNIQUE Passive - Maim
- Now deals 100 bonus magic damage to monsters with every basic attack
- No longer deals bonus damage to minions
- UNIQUE Active
- Ward duration reduced to 90 seconds from 180
- Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds from 180
- Attack Damage increased to 25 from 15
- Life Steal increased to 15% from 10%
- Armor reduced to 25 from 30
- Combine cost increased to 500 gold from 100 (total cost increased to 2,000 gold from 1,600)
- Proc damage increased to 500 from 425
- Life steal reduced to 10% from 12%
- Attack damage reduced to 15 from 23
- Combine cost reduced to 100 from 150
- The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward.
- Wards no longer list that they have 20 attack damage.
- Life steal reduced to 12% from 15%
- Proc damage reduced to 425 from 500
- Life steal reduced to 15% from 18%
- Combine cost increased to 150 from 75
- Life steal increased to 18% from 14%
- Changed proc to magic damage from physical damage
- Sight Wards and Wriggle's Lantern wards now have a green top
- Ward no longer grants experience when destroyed.
- The ward created now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects, and takes only 1 damage from every attack
- Ward health reduced to 1 health and armor reduced to 0
- Collision and spellhit sizes of the ward reduced
- Removed Long Sword from the recipe
- Decreased the combine cost to 75 from 150 gold
- Decreased the attack damage to 23 from 35
- No longer removes stealth when used