These changes are to open up additional rune and mastery setups for Akali players. They’re intended to be a small change for those players who choose to stick with the setups they currently use.
- Twin Disciplines
- Discipline of Force
- Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 19.5 Ability Power
- Base damage bonus reduced to 6% from 8%
- Discipline of Might
- Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 9.5 Attack Damage
- Base spell vamp bonus reduced to 6% from 8%
- Chat messages from Anivia will now have a custom champion name while she's in egg form.
- Janna's basic attack should now feel more responsive
- Martial Cadence
- Fixed a bug where Martial Cadence was dealing more damage than intended to minions and monsters
- When cast after Help, Pix!, Glitterlance no longer gains an increased area of effect size against the target of Help, Pix!
- Whimsy no longer interrupts enemy movement abilities that are already in progress
- Alpha Strike
- Fixed a bug that caused Alpha Strike to appear available when it was on cooldown.
- Soul Shackles
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Soul Shackles sound and spell effect to play even when the target wasn't stunned.
These changes are aimed at improving Nami's early laning phase by giving her a movement speed advantage and enabling her to be play more aggressively.
- Nami's basic attack should now feel more responsive
- Base movement speed increased to 340 from 335
The changes to Siphoning Strike help alleviate some of Nasus' weak laning phase, and the changes to Fury of the Sands improve his ability to close on targets in team fights.
- Siphoning Strike
- Fixed a bug where Siphoning Strike critical strikes were dealing more damage than intended
- Mana cost reduced to 20 at all ranks from 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
- Fury of the Sands
- Now increases attack range by 50 and cast range by 100 while active
- Mana cost reduced to 100 from 150
- Fixed a bug where Nocturne wouldn't automatically chase his target after using Paranoia
- Fixed a bug where Renekton's Slice and Dice wouldn't work on minions that he couldn't see
These changes should offer Riven players new rune and item beyond simply stacking attack damage. In addition, they should slightly reduce her early lane snowballing, but increase her ability to recover if she falls behind.
- Runic Blade
- Adjusted damage to 15-45% of her total Attack Damage (based on champion level) from 5-15 (+0.5 bonus attack damage)
- Broken Wings
- Fixed a bug that was causing Broken Wings to improperly apply it's splash damage if Valor was cast too recently
- Fixed a bug where the cooldown on earlier ranks was longer than intended
- Assault and Battery
- Fixed a bug where the crowd control component of Assault and Battery was ignoring spell shields.
- Hexplosive Minefield
- Fixed a bug where the sound effect for triggering a mine would not play
We've adjusted cooldown reduction on several items. These changes should differentiate items with strong synergy from well with those that simply grant cooldown reduction as a secondary stat.
- Glacial Shroud
- Combine cost reduced to 230 gold from 380 (total cost reduced to 1,350 from 1,500)
- Armor increased to 45 from 40
- Cooldown Reduction reduced to 10% from 15%
- Spirit Visage
- Combine cost increased to 630 gold from 540 (total cost unchanged)
- Cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 15%
- Deathfire Grasp
- Combine cost reduced to 680 gold from 880 (total cost reduced to 3,100 from 3,300)
- Cooldown reduction reduced to 10% from 15%
- Zeke's Herald
- Combine cost increased to 900 gold from 800 gold (total cost increased to 2,550 gold from 2,450)
- Cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 15%
While we're generally happy with the kiting potential Iceborne Gauntlet offers ranged champions, it provided a little too much area control in certain cases. This change increases the item's effect for melee champions but reduces it for ranged.
- Total cost reduced to 3,250 gold from 3,400
- Cooldown reduction reduced to 10% from 15%
- Fixed a bug where the slow field was lasting longer than intended
- Fixed a bug where the slow was not being applied immediately
- Slow field radius for ranged champions reduced to 210 from 275
- Slow field radius for melee champions increased to 285 from 275
This change is only intended to make purchasing multiple Faerie Charms an option for mages and supports at the start of the game. For this reason, we didn't change the total cost or stats granted by Chalice of Harmony.
- Frozen Heart
- Combine cost increased to 550 gold from 400 (total cost unchanged)
- Armor increased to 95 from 90
- Negatron Cloak
- Cost reduced to 720 gold from 810
- Magic resist reduced to 40 from 45
- Quicksilver Sash
- Combine cost reduced to 830 gold from 850 (total cost reduced 1,550 gold from 1,660)
The original set of restrictions on Liandry's Torment made it a lot more niche and complex than we originally intended. These changes help clarify the item's role as well as make its unique playstyle more accessible for additional casters.
- Ability power reduced to 50 from 60
- Damage per second increased to 2% from 1.66%
- Damage-over-time and multi-target spells no longer have reduced effect
- Fixed damage effect not being properly reapplied on targets that already have it
While Ohmwrecker was originally designed for tanks, the tank role has a lot of other tools that effectively divert turret damage. These changes reposition the item as an aggressive option for supports and casters.
- Rabadon's Deathcap
- Combine cost increased to 840 gold from 740 (total cost increased to 3,300 gold from 3,200)
- Ability power bonus increased to 30% from 25%
A new passive that lowers the cooldown on Smite should give this item a more unique feel. While there may not be a champion who is perfectly suited to this item, we could potentially create or adjust a champion who can use it to its maximum potential.
- New UNIQUE Passive: Reduces the cooldown on Smite by 20%
- Wit's End
- Magic resist increased to 25 from 20
- Fixed a number of display bugs with the league system
- Updated the rules around displaying Season 2 loading screen borders in each queue
- Normal and co-op games now show the higher reward from either ranked solo or the appropriate ranked team queue
- Custom and Dominion games now show the best reward achieved in any queue
- Ranked games still show the reward from that specific queue
- We adjusted the matchmaking system last patch so it would account for both matchmaking rating and your total of wins in the current queue when creating matches.
- We made some adjustments this patch to reduce average queue times.
Item Shop Optimization
- We made some keyboard navigation updates to the Item Shop:
- Ctrl + L or Ctrl + Enter focuses the search menu (You can rebind this command through the options menu)
- Ctrl + Tab changes item shop tabs (You can rebind this command through the options menu)
- You can now view the scoreboard while the item shop is ope
- You can now chat while the item shop is open
- The search menu is now on the Recommended Items tab in addition to the All Items tab
- "On Hit" and "Stealth Detect" are now searchable terms within the Item Shop
- You can now single right click items in the item shop to purchase
- The item shop should now be more responsive upon buying or selling items
- The size of the item shop when on resolutions of 1,080 pixels tall or higher has been slightly reduced
Co-op vs. AI
- Shen Bot should now continue to function after the target of his ultimate is killed during the channel time
We made a bunch of quality of life improvements to passive on-attack effects so they're no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Focus is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Headshot is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Electrical Surge is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Power Chord is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Classic Splash art updated
- Twisted Fate
- Pick A Card is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Stacked Deck is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Short Fuse is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- The teleport indicators on the minimap should now appear more distinct from the recall indicators.
- The chat command system has been slightly improved behind the scenes
- You can type /allcommands to get a complete list of chat commands
- You can now type /help /command to get detailed information on that chat command
- You can now ignore a player who is playing a specific champion on your team by typing /ignore @ChampionName
- Knockups now function more consistently and should fail less frequently when close to walls
- Setting the DisableCameraSnapOnRespawn=1 option should no longer cause your spacebar to stop working when you respawn
- Muting a player will no longer mute his map pings; map pings have been throttled to prevent spam
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from receiving in-game messages that included special characters
- Zooming the camera in and out has been smoothed
- Boots of Mobility will now show a cooldown for their passive effect
- You now have the option to display your autoattack range by pressing attack
- The camera should no longer pan when League of Legends is not the program of focus
- Kog'Maw, Karthus and Zyra should no longer give double kills when using Muramana
- Dragon and Baron kill callouts should now display assists
- Nami's Aqua Prison should now properly reset jungle creeps
- Hitting space while using a locked camera should no longer disable locked camera mode