|Effects:||+20 Attack Damage |
+50% Base Health Regen
|Passive:||Crescent: Deals 60% to 100% of total Attack Damage as physical damage to nearby enemy units (closest enemies take the most damage)|
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Gives you exceptional wave clear for melee champions only.
- The passive and active are based off your AD and not the damage you have done, so it works well with other AD items.
- Attack > Damage
- Defense > Health Regen
- Magic > Mana Regen
- In Babylonian mythology, Tiamat was the first dragon and was slain to make the heavens, earth and man.
Recipe changed. Attack damage lowered, but now has passive cleave again.
Back in 5.22, the thinking was that by making Tiamat a cheaper item (while still building out of the amazing Pickaxe), we could see it bought for its laning benefits rather than being the item that you power-spiked off of. What we saw was actually the opposite - many laners and junglers (Kha’Zix, Jarvan, Renekton) alike struggled with the pushing or clearing capabilities of the old Tiamat. Now that we’ve lived in a world without Cleave, we’re trading stat-efficiency to bring it back to the people who need it most.
RECIPE : Pickaxe + Rejuvenation Bead + 175 gold ⇒ Long Sword + Long Sword + Rejuvenation Bead + 350 gold
TOTAL COST : 1200 (unchanged)
ATTACK DAMAGE : 30 ⇒ 20
NEW TAKE IT OR CLEAVE IT : Now passively cleaves nearby enemies for 20-60% total attack damage (based on distance) on basic attack
COMBINE COST : 225 ⇒ 175
TOTAL COST : 1250 gold ⇒ 1200 gold
TOTAL cost : 1900 gold ⇒ 1250 gold
BUILD path : Pickaxe + Rejuvenation Bead + 225 gold
ATTACK damage : 40 ⇒ 30
BASE health REGEN : 100% ⇒ 50%
CLEAVE : No longer passively cleaves around your target
Tiamat's passive damage now scales linearly. Also affects Ravenous Hydra.
- "Previously, Tiamat's Cleave passive only had three 'stages' of damage based on whether you were 'close', 'close-ish', or 'kind of close' to the center of the proc. This led to some weird situations where targets that were visually farther away would still take damage as if they were closer. Now that Cleave scales linearly, you'll always take damage appropriate to how close/far you are from the target. Also affects Ravenous Hydra (we stole this part from the summary). "
- PASSIVE CLEAVE DAMAGE :
Scales in three damage 'stages' ⇒ linearly with distance
- Combine cost reduced to 265 from 665 (total cost is now 1,900 from 2,300)
- Attack damage reduced to 40 from 50
- Now builds into Ravenous Hydra
- Now builds from Pickaxe, Long Sword, Rejuvenation Bead and Rejuvenation Bead
- Is now Melee Only
- No longer grants Mana Regen
- Unique Passive changed to "Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target - decaying down to 20% near the edge."
- New Unique Active - Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 60% near the edge - 10 second cooldown.
- Cost increased from 2,070 (250) from 2,300 (665)
- Attack damage increased to 50 from 42
- Mana regeneration per 5 seconds increased to 5 from 4
- Shop tooltip is now more descriptive, matching the inventory tooltip
- Combine cost reduced to 250 from 450
- Cleave damage is now physical instead of magical
- Reduced combine cost from 500 to 450
- AoE damage increased to 175 from 185
- Damage increased from 40 to 42
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Reduced damage from 45 to 40
- Reduced health regen per 5 from 25 to 22
- Reduced mana regen per 5 from 8 to 7
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Increased recipe cost from 400 to 500
- Decreased damage form 50 to 45
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Recipe cost increased from 200 to 400