|Passive:||UNIQUE: Upon being hit by a basic attack, reflects magic damage back to the attacker equal to (25% of bonus Armor) plus 15% of the incoming damage.|
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode
- Mostly utilized on tanks when the enemy team has a high physical damage output.
- Defense > Armor
- The damage reflection only works with auto attacks and skills which apply on-hit effect, but not with any damage resulting from on-hit effects. (e.g. damage from Madred's Bloodrazor or Wit's End
- Damage received from Thornmail will break passives such as Miss Fortune's Strut and Boots of Mobility. It will also trigger tower aggro.
TOTAL cost : 2300 gold ⇒ 2350 gold
BUILD path : Cloth Armor + Chain Vest + 1250 gold
Costs more. Reflects less damage back to attackers, but scales with armor.
Another major outlier in terms of effectiveness, Thornmail is at its strongest when you can comfortably stack health. While we aren’t rocking that particular boat today (armor + health is kind of always good), we’re tossing in a hook to make the item also scale with armor-stacking, but in a different way. This also creates neat synergies for champions with on-demand armor buffs (like Leona or Rammus) which is pretty OK by us.
Important to note - if for any reason you experience a decrease in armor % (say, a stray black cleaver to the face), Thornmail will ignore that when calculating its damage. Way to be, Thornmail.
TOTAL COST : 2100 gold ⇒ 2300 gold
REFLECT DAMAGE : 30% of the attack ⇒ 15% of the attack
NEW REFLECT RATIO : Now scales with 0.25 bonus armor
- TOTAL COST :
2200 gold ⇒ 2100 gold (combine cost decreased by 130 gold, inherits Chain Vest's 30 gold cost increase)
- Cost changed from 2,000 (1,000) to 2,200 (1,180)
- Damage return increased to 30% from 25%
- Combine cost increased to 1,000 from 600
- Armor increased to 100 from 70
- Damage return increased to 25% from 20%
- Now reflects damage calculated before armor
June 26, 2009 Patch
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Temporarily removed from the game
May 9, 2009 Patch REMAKE
- On being hit, returns 20% of damage taken (20 minimum)
- Added a new component, Cloth Armor, which increases armor from 50 to 70
- Increased recipe cost from 320 to 500
- Made this item unique
Alpha Week 6
- Now returns 20 damage, increased from 18
Alpha Week 2