Tear of the Goddess
|"He who holds the tear of a goddess holds the power of creation."|
|Passive:||Awe: Refunds 15% of Mana spent. |
Mana Charge: Grants 4 maximum Mana on spell cast or Mana expenditure (up to 2 times per 8 seconds) Caps at +750 Mana.
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Useful for mana hungry champions.
- Assuming that you are using an ability every 4 seconds, the 750-mana unique passive takes 12 minutes and 30 seconds to max.
- Magic > Mana
- Magic > Mana Regen
Refunds a portion of mana spent.
Tear of the Goddess creates an odd conflict: it’s the mage item which gives the most raw mana (attractive to champions with high mana costs), but it has to be stacked up by constantly casting spells (something champions with high mana costs can’t afford to do). As such, it tends to be picked up by champions who can spam spells, making them effectively manaless as it stacks.We’re changing Tear’s pure regen to a mana refund, opening it up to high-mana cost champions, not just a select few spammers.
REMOVED MANA REGENERATION : 25% ⇒ 0%
NEW MANA REFUND : Refunds 15% of mana spent
TOTAL cost : 720 gold ⇒ 750 gold
BUILD path : Sapphire Crystal + Faerie Charm + 275 gold
- TOTAL COST :
700 gold ⇒ 720 gold (combine cost increased by 20 gold)
- MANA REGENERATION :
+6 mana per 5 seconds ⇒ +25% base mana regeneration
- UNIQUE PASSIVE : Mana Charge - Grants +4 maximum mana on spell cast or mana expenditure (up to 2 times per 8 seconds). Grants +1 maximum mana per 8 seconds. Caps at+750 mana. (Unchanged)
- NO INFLATION HERE : All items building out of Tear of the Goddess have had their combine cost reduced by 20 gold to preserve their total cost
“Not enough tears on the Rift.”
- (NEW) PASSIVE: Additionally grants +1 maximum mana per 8 seconds (+1 maximum mana per 6 seconds on Crystal Scar)
- MANA REGEN:
7 ⇒ 6
- Mana Charge
- Cooldown per charge increased to 4 seconds from 3
- Updated the tooltip to clarify its actual functionality
- Now builds from Sapphire Crystal and Faerie Charm
- Mana reduced from 350 to 250
- Unique Passive changed to "Mana Charge: Each time you cast a spell or spend Mana, your maximum Mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown). Bonus caps at +750 Mana.
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Now displays its current bonus mana again
- Now displays its unique bonus mana in its tooltip
- Mana cap increased to 1,000 from 600
- Maximum mana cap reduced from 750 to 600
- Clarified the tooltip
- Added a max cap of 750 bonus mana
- Now has an internal cooldown of three seconds (but will now work with all spells including Lay Waste and Hate Spike)
Alpha Week 7
- Fixed an issue with Teleport Home and Tear of the Goddess
- Fixed a bug where it was not working properly, and fixed a bug that caused you to lose your bonus mana when upgrading to Archangel's Staff