|Effects:||+10% Life Steal vs Monsters |
+180% Mana Regeneration while in Jungle
|Passive:|| Challenging Smite: Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing 60-162 (based on level) true damage over 4 seconds, granting vision of them, and reducing their damage to you by 20%. |
Tooth / Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage on-hit vs monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing large monsters grants Killing large monsters grants 30 bonus experience.
Skirmisher's Sabre is a Advanced Tier item introduced in the 2015 Preseason Patch.
- Skirmisher's Saber should be bought when you want to fight with the other jungler or vice versa. It can also be used to gank a lane with low damage but high CC.
- Starting > Jungle
- Defense > Health Regen
- Attack > Life Steal
- Magic > Mana Regen
- Hunter's Machete and all its upgrades can only be purchased if you have Smite as a summoner spell.
Just some slight tuning to make these a bit more attractive/easy to upgrade compared to just buying the component of your enchantment (Caulfields, Aether Wisp, etc).
COST : 1050 gold ⇒ 1000 gold
MANA REGENERATION IN JUNGLE : 150% ⇒ 180%
Pretty similar to before, but now costs a little more thanks to the new build path. Luckily, these Tier 2's also inherit the wealth of lifesteal, regeneration, on-hit and over-time damage from its predecessors, making it well worth the extra cash.
TOTAL cost : 850 gold ⇒ 1050 gold
BUILD path : Hunter's Machete + Hunter's Talisman + 350 gold
LIFEsteal : 10% vs monsters
mana REGENERATION : 150% while in jungle
REMOVED MORE PROBLEMS : No longer grants 30 bonus gold on large monster kill
REMOVED JUNGLER : No longer burns monsters or gives regeneration when hit by monsters.
NEW UNIQUE passive : Tooth / Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage vs. monsters. Damaging a monster steals 30 health over 5 seconds. Killing a large monster grants +30 bonus experience.
SIDEGRADE cost : 255 gold ⇒ 200 gold
- "When we first shipped Skirmisher's Sabre, we made that debuff duration long to really emphasize its extended combat use. Plonk it on an invading Lee Sin, smack him around a few times, and suddenly he's reconsidering his decisions in life. That said, we're now seeing this thing really pick up in popularity (particularly in top lane), and we've realized that 6 seconds is probably too long. Particularly when there are focused summoner spells (Ignite and Exhaust) that Challenging Smite straight up outclasses with its breadth of uses. It's worth re-emphasizing that we do like emergent gameplay when it pops up - as long as it doesn't stifle champion diversity (ie: if top lane becomes "who can use Challenging Smite the best?" that would be concerning).
- P.S. That bugfix would have been done regardless of the strength of Skirmisher's, given the definition of true damage. C'mon."
- [REMOVED] CHECK THAT DEFINITION : No longer reduces incoming True Damage from the Challenged target
- CHALLENGING SMITE DEBUFF DURATION :
6 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
All tier 2 jungle items have been increased by 100 gold, all tier 3 jungle item enchantments have been reduced by 100 gold.'
- "Thus far, jungle items have gotten a little snowbally - particularly for those who can snag a few kills on an early invade to get their upgraded Smite before camps have even spawned."
- ALL TIER 2 JUNGLE ITEMS :
350 gold ⇒ 450 gold
- ALL TIER 3 JUNGLE ENCHANTMENTS : Costs for all tier 3 jungle enchantments have been reduced by 100 gold
- "See above!"
- BONUS GOLD ON MONSTER KILL :
20 bonus gold ⇒ 30 bonus gold
Attacking a Smited opponent now burns them for true damage over 3 seconds, rather than just dealing true damage on hit.
- "While we're running into a few abuse cases with Skirmisher's Sabre, the big reason we're changing it is because it's weighted so heavily in favor of dudes who can hit you in the face as fast as possible. Given our goal with the new jungle items was to open up different playstyles, we're balancing it out in favor of more champions."
- STOP IT WARWICK : Basic attacks against a Challenged target deal
17-51 (based on level) true damage on hit ⇒ 60-162 (based on level) true damage over 3 seconds
Skirmisher's Sabre (NEW)
- RECIPE : Hunter's Machete + 350 gold
- PASSIVE - CHALLENGING SMITE : Smite can be cast on enemy champions, marking them for 6 seconds. While marked, you deal 18-69 bonus true damage to them on hit, have vision of them, and reduce their damage to you by 20%.
- PASSIVE - JUNGLER : Deal 45 magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds and gain 10 health and 5 mana per second while in combat with monsters