+10% Cooldown Reduction
|Passive:||Unique: - Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to base Attack Damage on hit (2 second cooldown).|
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Useful for assassins, as it adds to the burst and especially useful for Lux as it works well with her passive.
- Works perfectly on 30px TwistedFate as it adds a lot of damage to his W.
- Useful on bruisers that tend to have high base AD and low cooldowns that can build it into Trinity Force or Iceborn Gauntlet later.
- Magic > Ability Power
- Magic > Mana
- The proc effect of Sheen causes the champion's weapon or hands to glow red.
- Passive toggle abilities such as Warwick's Blood Scent or Ashe's Frost Shot does not proc Sheen's effect but active toggle abilities such as Nidalee's Aspect of the Cougar and Swain's Ravenous Flock do.
Costs less, no longer has ability power. Now has cooldown reduction.
One of the oldest items in the game, Sheen's ability power always made it a little awkward to use as a building block for other items (like Iceborn Gauntlet, which was always pretty confusing). Removing AP and adding cooldown reduction adds more synergies for the champions who want the Spellblade passive without forcing an often-'wasted' stat on them.
TOTAL cost : 1250 gold ⇒ 1050 gold
BUILD path : Sapphire Crystal + 700 gold
mana : 200 ⇒ 250
REMOVED ABILITY power : 25 ⇒ 0
NEW COOLDOWN reduction : 0% ⇒ 10%
- Combine cost reduced to 365 gold from 425 (total cost reduced to 1,200 gold from 1,260)
- Spellblade is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Proc damage raised to 100% from 80%
- Sheen, Lich Bane, and Trinity Force's "reservoir" system has been removed. These items will now strictly respect the cooldown time between procs. The cooldown has been reduced to 2 second delays between procs from 3 seconds.
- Spellcast effect reduced to 80% of base damage from 100%
- Now has an internal cooldown of three seconds (but will now work with all spells including Lay Waste and Hate Spike)
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Combine cost increased from 250 to 275
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Sheen and Lich Bane spells recoded to make them unable to strike critically
- Reduced ability power from 30 to 25
- Reduced mana from 275 to 250