|Effects:||+50% Attack Speed |
+60 Magic Damage on Hit
+30 Bonus Gold per Monster Kill
|Passive:||Phantom Hit: Every other basic attack will trigger a phantom attack that triggers all on Hit effects a second time. |
Ranged champions trigger this every fourth attack instead.
|This item has been removed from League of Legends and may contain outdated information.
It was removed in Patch v6.9.
Sated Devourer is an special enchantment only obtainable through gaining 30 stacks on any Devourer Enchanted Jungle item.
- Enchantment - Devourer is for farm-intensive junglers and functions similar to it's ancestor Feral Flare.
Goodbye, Ghost Dog.
For years we’ve tried to provide junglers an item that helps them burn through the jungle, but despite multiple seasons of iteration we’ve failed to find an incarnation of ‘stacking jungle rewards’ that wasn’t problematic. While Devourer is an incremental improvement over past incarnations (shout-outs to those who remember Feral Flare’s insane healing and vision control), the primary problem with ‘farming junglers’ is that you don’t see them for half the game. Junglers are an integral part of how teams in League operate, and incentivizing them to AFK for the 15 minutes is too high a cost to be healthy long-term. We still want to support junglers that like high attack speed and on-hit builds, but this isn’t the way to do it.
REMOVED FINALLY SATED : Enchantment: Devourer has been removed from the shop
Sated’s Phantom Hit takes longer to apply for ranged champions.
Though popularly known as the go-to item for Xin Zhao’s and Shyvana’s looking to melt faces, Devourer (and its Sated evolution) systematically skew harder towards ranged champions like Vayne and Kayle when it comes to raw power, safety, and availability of on-hits. While ‘Ranged Sated Junglers’ might be an outlier at present, but we’re taking action towards actively balancing the item for ranged users while we evaluate how best to support them on an champion-specific level if necessary.
PHANTOM HIT FOR RANGED CHAMPIONS : every 2nd hit ⇒ every 4th hit
PHANTOM HIT FOR MELEE CHAMPIONS : unchanged
No longer scales infinitely. Now gains stacks on takedowns (kills and assists) and eventually transforms. Also, Ghost Dog.
- "Ah, Devourer. A remnant of that one time we did the fastest design u-turn in the history of League of Legends development (a trophy potentially shared with Season 3's Black Cleaver).
- It appears we have returned to the fight.
- Let's start with the current Devourer and its infinite stacking. Initially, our assumption was that y'all were really invested in the concept of infinite stacking (and infinite power!!!), but as we've tried to iterate around this ‘must have' mechanic, we've come to realize it just doesn't jive well in a PvP game. Either you're stuck in that Always Be Farming mentality, or you're so far behind the enemy jungler that you regret many of the decisions that brought you there in the first place. Nobody likes lagging behind in the stack marathon.
- So some goals: first, since this enchantment has always been the "I want to farm the jungle" pickup, we decided to keep the transformation-via-blood-of-my-enemies while taming that Always Be Farming mentality. A hard cap means if you're behind in the Devourer race, you're not just perpetually behind the curve - you can double down your farming efforts to catch up. Additionally, once that transformation does take place, you're not just daydreaming about your next meal - you're sated and ready to rumble.
- Second, we've also updated the way this thing builds stacks in the first place. A simple change is that Devourer builds on monster takedowns (assists or kills), rather than just kills, so you don't feel bad when you give away that blue buff, or when Kallista secures the Dragon with a mega-Rend. Also, speaking of Dragon, we're really trying to incentivize Devourer junglers to focus on contested jungle objectives, like the Rift Scuttler or Dragon, as it gets them out into the sunlight (can't be playing League all day) while also giving enemies clear ways to slow your Devouring roll.
- Third: for that Sated Devourer on-hit buff, we were going for some natural synergy with Devourer's on-hit damage, but are very aware of the potential craziness that can come from it. Things like Blade of the Ruined King's passive proc, or Master Yi's Wuju Style come to mind, but we're hoping you can exercise some real creativity in this space.
- Go forth.
- STARTING ON HIT MAGIC DAMAGE :
25 ⇒ 30
- LARGE MONSTERS :
1 stack per kill ⇒ 1 stack per takedown (kill or assist)
- EPIC MONSTERS :
1 stack per kill ⇒ 5 stacks per takedown
- CHAMPIONS :
2 stacks per takedown ⇒ 1 stack per takedown
- RIFT SCUTTLER :
1 stack per kill ⇒ 2 stacks per takedown
- [NEW] GHOST DOG : While stacking your Devourer, you are accompanied by a Ghost Dog who will grow with stacks
- [NEW] WE'RE GONNA COMBINE : At 30 stacks, Ghost Dog merges with the wielder and the Devourer transforms into...
- 25px Sated Devourer
- I HUNGER : Takedowns no longer grow Devourer's damage
- PHANTOM HIT : Every other basic attack triggers on-hits twice