|Ravenous Hydra (Melee Only)
|Effects:||+75 Attack Damage|
+100% Base Health Regen
+12% Life Steal
|Passive:||Life Steal applies to Damage dealt by this item.|
Cleave:Basic attacks deal 20% to 60% of total Attack Damage as bonus physical damage to enemies near the target on hit (enemies closest to the target take the most damage).
|Active:||Crescent: Deals 60% to 100% of total Attack Damage as physical damage to nearby enemy units (closest enemies take the most damage) (10 second cooldown).|
Ravenous Hydra is a Legendary Tier item that was introduced in the v22.214.171.124 patch.
- Gives exceptional wave clear to melee champions only, while also sustaining you through it's AoE life steal.
- The passive and active are based off your AD and not the damage you have done, so it works well with other AD items.
- Attack>Attack Damage
- Attack>Life Steal
- Defense>Health Regen
Build path is less ugly.
With the lower attack damage on Tiamat, we realized we could make the build smoother by subbing out the Long Sword for a Pickaxe.
So we did that.
RECIPE : Tiamat + Vampiric Scepter + Long Sword + 1050 gold ⇒ Tiamat + Vampiric Scepter + Pickaxe + 525 gold
Hydra's can no longer be swapped into one another.
While this was a neat idea, in practice being able to swap for no cost presents us with some balancing difficulties. Key among them is the smoother build of Titanic Hydra - letting champions with an intended weakness in their early-game bulk up at no cost to their late-game damage scaling. Rather than continuously tune them based on their relative power (instead of how useful they are to their core users), we're separating the Hydras for good. Goodnight, sweet serpent prince-swapping. You were too beautiful for this world.
REMOVED BETTER THAN ONE : Can no longer sidegrade the Hydras into one another
The Hydras are doing well once purchased, but often feel like they take forever to get completed. Along Tiamat's cost being shaved, a reduction in Ravenous Hydra should make them easier to complete.
COMBINE COST : 1100 gold ⇒ 1050 gold
TOTAL COST : 3600 gold ⇒ 3500 gold
hungry hungry hydra
We'd intended Titanic and Ravenous (the two 'heads' of the hydra) to be interchangeable all along, but Titanic's awkward build-path led to some complications. With Tiamat being cheaper and more accessible, we're executing on that now.
Gameplay-wise this lets you customize your type of builds on the fly, but it's also just really cool.
TOTAL cost : 3300 gold ⇒ 3600 gold
BUILD path : Tiamat + Vampiric Scepter + Long Sword + 1100 gold
MANY-HEADED HORROR : You can now freely exchange between Ravenous Hydra and Titanic Hydra
- Combine cost increased to 600 from 200 (total cost unchanged)
- Combine cost reduced to 200 gold from 400 (total cost reduced to 3,300 gold from 3,500)
- Life Steal increased to 12% from 10%
Ravenous Hydra added
- Melee Only
- +75 Attack Damage
- +15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
- +10% Life Steal
- Passive: Damage dealt by this item works with Life Steal.
- Unique Passive - Cleave: Your attcks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target - decaying down to 20% near the edge.
- Unique Active - Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 60% near the edge (10 second cooldown).
- Cost: 3,500 (400)
- Builds from Tiamat and Vampiric Scepter