|Effects:||+45% Attack Speed|
+30% Critical Strike Chance
+5% Movement Speed
|Passive:||Spectral Waltz: While within 500 unites of an enemy Champion you can see, +7% Movement Speed and you can move through units. |
Lament: The last champion hit deals 12% less damage to you (ends after 10 seconds of not hitting).
is a legendary item in League of Legends.
- Phantom Dancer is currently the item that offers highest amount of attack speed, movement speed, and critical strike, all in one item.
- Attack > Attack Speed
- Attack > Critical Strike
- Movement > Other Movement
- Phantom Dancer's name could be a reference to the DotA hero by the name of Phantom Lancer.
Phantom Dancer was supposed to be more expensive relative to the other Zeal upgrades because of its extreme dueling/damage potential. As it turns out, having to do the extra work to access that damage potential (unlike Statikk or RFC) on top of being harder to build ended being a pretty big miss. In light of this, we're pulling back on the cost so would-be duelists of all shapes and sizes can buy their item and use it too.
COMBINE COST : 900 gold ⇒ 650 gold
TOTAL COST : 2800 gold ⇒ 2550 gold
NEW NOT TODAY : Now tracks how many times Spectral Waltz's damage reduction saves your life in a fight in the tooltip
Shifted movement speed from Spectral Waltz to base movement speed.
Phantom Dancer's intended niche as an item that enables you to seek out and duel champions is betrayed by losing Zeal's movement speed upon upgrading it. We'd still like it to stay on the lower end when not hunting down dance partners, but giving back some strategic movement speed should keep it more than just a phantom.
MOVEMENT SPEED : 0% ⇒ 5%
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED NEAR ENEMIES : 12% ⇒ 7%
More attack speed.
Compared to its Zeal brethren, Phantom Dancer’s danced its way out of inventories in favor of newer, shinier Zeal items ever since preseason. While PD could stand to get more power, this is just a love tap - we’ve got more in store for the once-great crit item, but we’re waiting to see the effect of the Energized items not stacking damage before we get too hasty.
ATTACK SPEED : 40% ⇒ 45%
Zeal and all of its items cost more.
We don’t want to delay marksmen from participating in the game for too long, but their ‘1.5 item power spike’ is presently pushing them over the edge. Zeal’s newfound cost-efficiency is one of the culprits of this early-midgame bump, so we’re taking a little off the top to keep the pacing and power-growth of marksmen one that all can keep up with.
ALL THE WAY DOWN : Total costs of all items building out of Zeal are also increased by 100
Damage from Kircheis Shard, Statikk Shiv and Rapid Firecannon no longer stack (effects still do).
As sweet as it is to chain-lightning from a million range, it’s clear that the damage from that combination is too high for the safety. We’re keeping the ability for you to stack the effects (because long-range lightning is awesome), but it’ll only take the highest damage of your combined effects to reduce their surprise burst potential.
CHOOSE IT OR LOSE IT : Now chooses the greatest damage of your Energized attacks for the first target hit, rather than all the damage.
- "Your required reading for Phantom Dancer context is to read the Infinity Edge context (above) before starting here.
- We can wait.
- There isn't much else to add beyond the Infinity Edge context (shifting crit multipliers to mid-game items), except that we're hoping to solidify PD as a single-target focused item versus Shiv's area-of-effect power strengths. "
- CRITICAL STRIKE CHANCE :
30% ⇒ 35%
- Attack Speed reduced from 55% to 50%
- Movement Speed reduced from 12% to 5%
- New Unique Passive Added - Your Champion ignores unit collision
- Cost reduced from 2,845 (400) to 2,800 (495)
- Movement speed reduced to 12% from 15%
- Attack speed increased to 55% from 50%
- Upgrade cost reduced to 400 from 900
- No longer provides dodge chance
- Movement speed increased to 15% from 12%
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Reduced attack speed from 50% to 45%
- Reduced critical strike chance from 32% to 30%
April 18, 2009 Patch
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Cost increased from 850 to 900