|Effects:||+20 Ability Power |
|Passive:||Dread:Grants +5 Ability Power per Glory. Grants 10% Movement Speed if you have at least 15 Glory. |
Do or Die: Grants 4 Glory for a champion kill or 2 Glory for an assists, up to 25 Glory total. Lose 10 stacks of Glory upon dying.
is an advanced item available only in Classic.
- For champions that are doing well and haven't died much.
- Note: This item grants 180 total ability power at 20 stacks.
- Magic > Ability Power
Builds from The Dark Seal. Grants movement speed instead of cooldown reduction.
While always a big risk, Mejai's cooldown reduction reward rarely benefitted users who often hit the CDR cap far before reaching max stacks. Movement speed fits better, turning the back-and-forth risk vs. reward more tense as you try ascend to glory.
TOTAL cost : 1400 gold (unchanged)
BUILD path : The Dark Seal + 1000 gold
NEW mana : 200
NEW UNIQUE passive : Do or Die: Grants 4 Glory per champion kill or 2 Glory per assist, up to 25 Glory total. Upon dying, you lose 10 stacks of Glory.
NEW UNIQUE passive : Dread: Grants 5 ability power per Glory. Grants 10% movement speed if you have at least 15 Glory.
- TOTAL COST :
1235 gold ⇒ 1400 gold (combine cost increased by 165 gold)
- [NEW] PRE-STACKED : Mejai's Soulstealer now starts with 5 stacks!
- [NEW] GO BIG OR GO HOME : Mejai's Soulstealer now loses
1/3 of its stacks when killed ⇒ 1/2 of its stacks when killed
- AP per stack reduced to 8 from 9
- Reduced the amount of AP per stack to 9 from 10
- Combine cost reduced to 800 from 1,000
- Cooldown reduction increased to 15% from 10%
- Removed health/mana restore on kill
- Ability power per stack increased to 10 from 8
- Recipe is now Amplifying Tome and 1,000 gold
- +20 ability power
- Unique Passive - Your champion gains 8 ability power per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion's cooldowns are reduced by 10% and 200 health and mana are restored on kills and assists.
- Now gains 5 ability power on assist
- Cap reduced from 80 to 70
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Combine cost increased from 500 to 550
June 6, 2009 Patch
- Fixed all bugs associated with this item
May 29, 2009 Patch
- Max ability power granted reduced from 120 to 80
May 23, 2009 Patch
- Ability power gain per kill reduced from 12 to 10
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Ability power increased from 65 to 70
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Recipe cost reduced from 600 to 500
April 18, 2009 Patch
- Increased ability power from champion kills from 5 to 12
- Added a cap of +120 ability power
Alpha Week 4
- No longer builds Zhonya's Ring of the Mindreaver
- Recipe cost increased to 600 from 400
- Ability power kill increased to 10 from 5
Alpha Week 2
- Reduced the ability power gained from killing champions