W's ability power ratio and ally duration decreased.
In many ways, Lulu single-handedly popularized the term ‘flex-pick’. A powerful champion since launch, Lulu’s been a contested champion in professional play across multiple seasons. Her flexibility combined with the raw utility she can pump into her team’s hyper-carry are unique and interesting strategic niches in their own right, but they also combine to make her one of the most comprehensive support generalists of the group. Generally speaking, we’re okay with Lulu occupying this spot, we just want to make her slightly less overwhelmingly viable than “always.” .
25px W - Whimsy
RATIO : 10% per 100 ability power ⇒ 5% per 100 ability power
MOVEMENT SPEED DURATION : 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds ⇒3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4 seconds
In a world without mana potions (and generally less early mana regeneration), we've identified a few champions for some emergency rations, giving early mana boosts until they can get their footing and purchase items to make up the deficit. This also means we can really understand which champions relied on mana potions as a crutch to limp through the early to mid game, and we can give additional love if necessary.
- The following champs have +2.5 base mana regen per 5 seconds:
Less health per level, but Pix can now double-apply Spellthief's gold passive.
Ever the solo-lane staple, Lulu’s personal safety is a tad high for her reliability as a team-enabler. We’re targeting her health to make her more vulnerable (personal vulnerability being a slightly more important stat for solo lane Lulu than duo) before she starts pumping out high-powered shields and kiting the universe. To compensate (a bit), we’re adding in a nice benefit for support Lulu’s income.
HEALTH GROWTH STAT : 82 ⇒ 74
Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
PIXPOCKET : Pix can now trigger Tribute (from the Spellthief item line) once per Lulu’s basic attack
- W - Whimsy
- NOT A NERF WE SWEAR Tooltip fixed to correctly state the polymorph duration as
1.5 to 2.5 seconds ⇒ 1.25 to 2.25 seconds (actual value unchanged)
Lulu's Glitterlance slow no longer scales with ability power, and Whimsy's movement speed buff duration now scales with rank. Whimsy also costs less at later levels.
- "We initially thought solo lane Lulu was a unique addition to the game, so we wanted to let her stay a viable pick in both solo and duo lanes. That said, top lane Lulu is currently shutting down a lot of diversity in competitive play and, because Lulu's solo lane and support power are tied so closely together, we had to go for changes that reduce her oppressive strengths first. As an aside, we know this isn't a great situation where we keep indirectly reducing support Lulu's power to maintain her viability as a mage, so this is something we'll have to really consider for the future."
- Q - Glitterlance
- REMOVED MIGHT AS WELL BE A SNARE Glitterlance's slow decay no longer scales with ability power
- W - Whimsy
- MOVEMENT SPEED BUFF DURATION
5 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds
65/70/75/80/85 mana ⇒ 65 mana at all ranks
Help, Pix!'s duration of staying on an enemy has been reduced (ally duration remains unaffected). Casting Help, Pix! on an allied minion no longer gives that minion a shield but still puts Pix on the minion. Help, Pix! deals less base damage at higher ranks.
"When we made our 2014 Season changes to supports, we wanted to make them feel good about buying AP items. For most supports we gave them forms of additional utility with smaller gains in damage, but Lulu ended up getting a lot in both categories. We actually like mid Lulu, but want to make sure that the reasons for choosing her weren't due to her low-interaction (and high-obnoxiousness) lane harass pattern where she can get instant damage with Help, Pix! before following it up with two high-powered guaranteed Glitterlances. Choosing Lulu as a solo mage champion over being a duo-lane support should come with strategic tradeoffs, but many players were choosing her regardless of team composition or enemy matchups. Ultimately we had to hit some of Lulu's high offensive power, but we're also committed to ensuring this doesn't have a huge impact on support Lulu (who actually comes with tradeoffs like no guaranteed farm or gold generation), so we'll look at ways to help support Lulu if she comes out too weak because of these changes."
- E - Help, Pix!
- ENEMY FOLLOW DURATION:
6 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
- "REMOVED" MINION CAST:
Minions gain a shield
- BASE DAMAGE:
80/130/180/230/280 ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200
Summary: Pix, Faerie Companion had its base damage increased, Help, Pix!'s base shield strength was increased and Wild Growth's mana cost was lowered.
"Lulu's defensive capabilities were a little low for a traditional support, so we sent her to the gym to get buff. Like most supports, we're keeping an eye on Lulu as the preseason progresses."
- Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- Base damage increased to 9/21/33/45/57/69/81/93/105 (from 9/18/27/36/45/54/63/72/81)
- E - Help, Pix!
- Base shield strength increased to 80/120/160/200/240 (from 60/105/150/195/240)
- R - Wild Growth
- Mana Cost reduced to 100 at all ranks (from 150 at all ranks)
Summary: Several aspects of Lulu's kit are being adjusted to scale with ability power in this patch. The damage of Pix, Faerie Companion, Glitterlance's minimum slow decay and Whimsy's movement speed boost now all scale with AP. However, we did remove the AP bonus from Whimsy and slightly lowered its base movement speed buff.
Context: As with the other supports, our goal with Lulu is to focus on utility, not damage. The changes that best demonstrate this philosophy are the buffs to Pix, Faerie Companion and Whimsy. These better highlight Lulu's ability to bolster high attack speed allies and grant large speed boosts where needed. With Glitterlance, we wanted to improve her slow as she gained additional ability power, but didn't want to alter her strong base value.
- Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion
- Added a 0.15 Ability Power ratio
- Base damage reduced to 9 / 18 / 27 / 36 / 45 / 54 / 63 / 72 / 81 (+0.15 Ability Power) (from 9 / 21 / 33 / 45 / 57 / 69 / 81 / 93 / 105 (+0 Ability Power)
- Q – Glitterlance
- Rather than decaying to 0% over a certain duration, the slow now decays to 1% per 7.5 Ability Power over its duration
- W – Whimsy
- Movement Speed bonus now scales at +1% per 10 Ability Power (0.1 AP Ratio)
- Removed the Ability Power boost
- Base movement speed increase reduced to 30% (from 35%)
- E - Help Pix!
- Offensive damage Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.4 (from 0.6)
- Mana per level increased to 55 from 50
- Mana cost increased to 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 from 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80
- When cast after Help, Pix!, Glitterlance no longer gains an increased area of effect size against the target of Help, Pix!
- Whimsy no longer interrupts enemy movement abilities that are already in progress
- Pix, Faerie Companion
- Damage adjusted to 9-105 from 15-87
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Fixed a bug where Lulu's autoattack could be interrupted by Pix
- Bug fixed with Wild Growth where it would not complete its effects if the allied target was about to take lethal damage at the time of casting
- Damage adjusted to 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.5 from 0.6
- Ability power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 0.7
- Mana cost increased at later ranks to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 from 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60
- Wild Growth tooltip updated to reflect knock up ability rather than knock back
- Fixed a display error for Lulu's passive - passive now correctly states how much damage Pix is doing.
- Fixed a bug where Pix could remain helping an ally after it had returned to Lulu.
- Fixed a bug where Lulu was taking damage credit while Pix was aiding an ally.