|Effects:||+100 Ability Power|
+10% Movement Speed
|Active:||Unique: Grants charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 100 (+10% of Ability Power) bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets on hit.|
is a legendary item in League of Legends.
- Magic > Ability Power
- Movement> Other Movement
TOTAL cost : 3000 gold ⇒ 3200 gold
BUILD path : Needlessly Large Rod + Aether Wisp + 1100 gold
Cost is decreased. Less ability power, but more movement speed.
- "Remember back in patch 5.11 when we talked about Luden's Echo and how we wanted to continue pushing it in a unique direction? Well, that hasn't changed. Still going down that whole "mobility plus spell casts" identity, rather than just focusing on just one."
- COST :
3300 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
- ABILITY POWER :
120 ⇒ 100
- MOVEMENT SPEED :
7% ⇒ 10%
Luden's Echo builds less charges per spell cast and scales lower with ability power
- "This will be long because we feel like talking about item philosophies. Up front: Luden's Echo is pretty strong. That said, the direction of our changes are a lot more nuanced then "make it less strong!" so we'll explain. First, what makes an item like Luden's Echo 'strong,' and why is that problematic? Balance issues aside, we'd be much happier if Luden's Echo was situationally strong - where picking it up at the right time conferred a great deal of power, but not so much at other points in time. Unfortunately, Luden's Echo is just straight up powerful, so it becomes the default choice for all AP champions that can use it. If you want to take that situation one step further, a very strong item in the ecosystem starts to warp champion viability around "who can use that item the best," rather than the other way around (see also: old Challenging Smite top lane, or old Feral Flare).
- So that's the problem space we're dealing with.
- So our second point: when we want to tackle a powerful item like Luden's Echo, we want to make sure we're pushing it in a unique direction so that when a mage does pick it up, they're doing so for very specific reasons. Rabadon's Deathcap, for example, is an item you rush when you want to hit that late game AP spike that no other item can offer. Luden's Echo, then, gives a strong early-game benefit with its high base-damage proc. As such, we decided to reduce its ability power ratio so there was less overlap with Deathcap's end game fantasy (look, even items can have them). The charge stack decrease on spell cast also feeds into our philosophy of focusing Luden's identity - specifically as one that benefits kite-focused mages heavily, meaning it should always be rewarding continuous movement and spellcasting (but not purely one or the other). If we were to make future changes to Luden's Echo, you'd probably see us further tunneling in on those values, but this was a very long context post to explain some of our nuanced philosophy when it comes to items. Sorry."
- I'M CHARGING MY LUDEN'S : Luden's Echo charges stacks at a rate of
20 stacks per spell cast ⇒ 10 stacks per spell cast
- ABILITY POWER RATIO :
0.15 ⇒ 0.1
- CONSISTENCY, MAN : This change includes Twisted Treeline and Dominion versions of Luden's Echo as well
v5.7 (Twisted Treeline & Crystal Scar)
Is there an echo in here...? !!!
- "Is there an echo in here...? "
- RECIPE : Blasting + Aether Wisp + 1090 gold (total cost: 2800 gold)
- ABILITY POWER : 100
- SOUND IS PURPLE? : VFX for the proc effect have been updated!
- "Our new 120 ability power item is here to fill the void left by the passing of Deathfire Grasp (rest in pieces). Goals up front: we want to provide a unique item that helps out movement-focused, spell-slinging mages, like kitey Lux, bursty-train Akali, or even spell-slingy (that's a word) Karthus. Try it out and let us know what combinations work with you - we'll be keeping a close eye here as new experiments get brought out. It's also important to note that this works on spell hits, not basic attacks!"
- RECIPE : Needlessly Large Rod + Aether Wisp + 650 gold (total cost: 3100 gold)
- ABILITY POWER : 120
- MOVEMENT SPEED : 7%
- UNIQUE PASSIVE : Gains charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 60 (+5 per level) bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets on hit. Applies spell Effects (e.g., Spell Vamp, Rylai's, etc).