|Effects:||+80 Ability power|
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+7% Movement Speed
|Passive:||Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals 75% Base Attack Damage (+50% of Ability Power) bonus magic damage on hit (2 second cooldown).|
is a legendary item in League of Legends.
- Lich Bane's passive is considered an on-hit effect and, as such, is capable of being applied to skills such as Ezreal's Mystic Shot and Gangplank's Parrrley, which effectively gives those skills 1:1 ability power ratios in addition to their attack damage ratios.
- The effect utilizes life steal. It does not use spell vamp.
- The effect by Lich Bane can be seen on the champion as a purple glow. While most champions will have glowing hands, Kog'Maw's mouth will glow and Master Yi's sword will glow.
- Magic > Ability Power
- Magic > Mana
- Movement > Other Movement
TOTAL cost : 3000 gold ⇒ 3200 gold
BUILD path : Sheen + Aether Wisp + Blasting Wand + 450 gold
MOVEMENT speed : 5% ⇒ 7%
NEW COOLDOWN reduction : 0% ⇒ 10%
Sheen + Blasting Wand + 940 gold ⇒ Sheen + Aether Wisp + 1000 gold
- TOTAL COST: Unchanged (3000 gold)
Historically we've run into a lot of problems with champions who use Lich Bane because of its high-power AP burst, so we're taking a look at the item itself. Lich Bane is designed to be a damage supplement for AP champs that incorporate basic attacks into their spell rotations, unlike Deathfire Grasp which is for champions who want to optimize their burst damage. This adjustment lets us take a look at champions who traditionally depend on Lich Bane for their damage output. We've given a bit of power back to Diana, Ezreal, Fizz and Twisted Fate for now and we'll keep a close eye on the state of the game after this change to see if we need to help out anyone else.
We're lowering Lich Bane's damage.
- EMPOWERED DAMAGE:
Deals 50 (+0.75 ability power) magic damage ⇒ Deals 75% Base AD (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage
- Combine cost increased to 940 gold from 880 (total cost unchanged)
- Spellblade is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- No longer grants Magic Resist
- Mana reduced from 350 to 250
- Movement Speed reduced from 7% to 5%
- Unique Passive changed to "Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 50 + 75% of your Ability Power (2 second cooldown)."
- Cost reduced from 3,470 (950) to 3,000 (880)
- The following items will now display their cooldown on the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Fixed a bug where the cost was inadvertently increased and the mana gain lowered
- Sheen, Lich Bane, and Trinity Force's "reservoir" system has been removed. These items will now strictly respect the cooldown time between procs. The cooldown has been reduced to 2 second delays between procs from 3 seconds.
- Now has an internal cooldown of three seconds (but will now work with all spells including Lay Waste and Hate Spike)
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Reduced movement speed from 8% to 7%
- Increased cost from 710 to 950
- Removed Amplifying Tome component (reduces ability power from 100 to 80)
- Added Null-Magic Mantle component (increased magic resistance from 0 to 32)
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Reduced movement speed from 10% to 8%
- Reduced ability power from 110 to 100
May 29, 2009 Patch
- Passive effect now no longer stacks with Sheen's passive effect
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Sheen and Lich Bane spells recoded to make them unable to strike critically
May 9, 2009 Patch