|"You may say your last words, with a whisper"|
|Effects:||+25 Attack Damage|
|Passive:||Last Whisper: +30% Bonus Armor Penetration|
Last Whisper is an advanced item available in League of Legends.
- Used to penetrate high armor targets.
- Works really well with flat armor penetration due to reducing the targets armor before flat is taken in to consideration.
- Attack > Damage
Simply put, the answer of when to buy Last Whisper previously was 'pretty much always'. While certainly better when the enemy was armor-stacking, the total armor penetration meant it was always a sizeable and necessary damage increase in any situation. Last Whisper now occupies a reactive slot, letting you forego it when the enemy's just as reckless as you are.
TOTAL cost : 2300 gold ⇒ 1300 gold
BUILD path : Pickaxe + 425 gold
ATTACK damage : 40 ⇒ 25
armor penetration : 35% total armor penetration ⇒ 30% bonus armor penetration
- Combine cost increased to 1,025 from 860 (total cost is now 2,300 from 2,135)
- Will now show up as a Pickaxe upgrade in the item shop
- Cost increased to 2,290 from 2,090
- Recipe changed to Pickaxe and Long Sword
- Upgrade cost increased to 700 from 500
- Now provides +40 attack damage and 40% armor penetration
- Unique armor penetration now functions with abilities (but still not against turrets)
- Bonus damage decreased to 10 from 20
- No longer works on turrets
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Armor penetration changed from 33% to 40%
May 23, 2009 Patch REMAKE
- Now penetrates 33% of the defender's armor (unique)
- Reduced recipe cost from 850 to 750
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Bug fixed which gave it an ability power ratio of 1.0
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Functionality changed from "50% chance to ignore all of the target's armor" to "35% chance on hit to deal 1 magic damage for each point of armor the target has."
- Increased recipe cost from 600 to 750