Intel Extreme Masters - Global Challenge New York
|Country||United States |
|Prize Pool||USD 32,000|
The Global Challenge at Comic Con in New York City will be the third event of the global league of the Intel Extreme Masters. Teams of Counter-Strike and League of Legends as well as StarCraft II players will clash in New York City, USA, from October 13th to 16th, for a total prize money of $93,000
The IEM Season VI - Global Challenge New York is a League of Legends tournament which takes place in New York, New York on October 13th to 16th. The tournament is the third event in the 6th season of the ESL's Intel Extreme Masters series. 8 teams will compete in a $32,000 tournament and for the chance to earn an invite to the Season VI World Championship.
- Group Stage - Round Robin Bo1
- Top 2 qualify to Playoffs
- Playoffs - Single Elimination Bo3
- 1 Dignitas acquires Rock Solid's roster between the qualifiers and the event.
- 2 v8 eSports acquires Team Rez's roster between the qualifiers and the event.
- 3 Counter Logic Gaming receives the spot for an Asian team, as the Final Asian Qualifier was cancelled.
$ 32,000 US dollars are spread among the teams as follows :
|Place||Prize (USD)||≈Prize (EUR)||Riot Circuit + IEM6||Seed||Team|
| ||$ 12,000 || € 8,648.65 ||+200 (+90)||IEM 6 World Championship|| FnaticRC|
| ||$ 6,000 || € 4,324.32 ||+100 (+65)||IEM 6 World Championship|| SK Gaming|
| ||$ 3,400 || € 2,450.45 ||+60 (+45)||-|| Team Sypher|
| ||$ 2,400 || € 1,729.73 ||+40 (+25)||-|| Counter Logic Gaming|
| 5-6th||$ 2,100 || € 1,513.51 ||+25 (+15)||-|| Team Dignitas|
| Team Curse|
| 7-8th||$ 2,000 || € 1,441.44 ||+25 (+10)||-|| Team SoloMid|
| v8 eSports|
|Round of 8
|Round of 4