|Effects:||+8% Life Steal vs Monsters|
|Passive:||Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage on-hit vs monsters. Killing large monsters grants 50 bonus experience.|
Hunter's Machete is a Basic Tier item introduced in the v184.108.40.206 patch.
- Hunter's Machete is almost exclusively bought by junglers to help them in clearing jungle creeps faster along with two Health Potions.
- Starting > Jungle
- Attack > Life Steal
- Hunter's Machete and all its upgrades can only be purchased if you have Smite as a summoner spell.
Monsters grant more experience to junglers but less to non-junglers.
The tactic of a solo player abandoning lane to farm monster camps with their jungler (we call it 'buddy jungling') evolved in response to the 2v1 lane swap. Rather than sit under tower, zoned out of experience, top laners ditch their lanes for safer prospects. Buddy jungling is enabled by the 'comeback' mechanic, which increases monster experience for lower-level champions. Though the jungler and top laner are both constantly underleveled due to splitting camps, comeback experience softens the punishment by adding net experience versus a solo clear.
The casualty of this technique is the early game itself: buddy jungling puts eight of the ten players on the Rift into a pure PvE situation. That leads to an incredibly stale opening phase of the match and eliminates the lane dynamics many of League’s early-game champs (Renekton!) rely on to make their impact.
We're putting a damper on buddy jungling by removing the experience efficiency granted to the buddy. That’s not to say it isn’t still situationally viablhaving two people in the jungle can offer strategic valuwe’re just ensuring it’s a
ONLY FOR THE WORTHY : Non-epic jungle monsters now only grant experience to their killers
REMOVED CATCH-UP : Jungle monster experience rewards no longer increase when you’re lower level than the slain monster
NEW FARM RAZORBEAKS : All Jungle items now grant 30 bonus experience on monster kill for each level higher the monster is than you
TIER 1 JUNGLE ITEMS : Hunter’s Machete and Hunter’s Talisman grant 15 ⇒ 50 bonus experience on large monster kill
TIER 2 JUNGLE ITEMS : Stalker’s Blade, Skirmisher’s Sabre, and Tracker’s Knife grant 30 ⇒ 50 bonus experience on large monster kill
HUNTING GROUND : Based on the above changes, total jungle experience rewards have been adjusted. Overall, junglers now get slightly more experience per clear while non-junglers get slightly less.
it's dangerous to go alone
One of the two items necessary to make your tier 2 jungle items, Machete's carving out an identity as the more basic attack-focused of the jungle starting items, providing the on-hit damage and sustain necessary to cleave the cute woodland beasts of the Rift. It's lost all of its mana regeneration in return for offensive power, so consider starting at the Blue Sentinel if you're reliant on abilities to clear!
TOTAL cost : 400 gold ⇒ 350 gold
REMOVED MORE PROBLEMS : No longer grants 15 bonus gold on large monster kill
REMOVED JUNGLER : No longer burns monsters or gives regeneration when hit by monsters.
NEW LIFEsteal : 8% vs monsters
NEW UNIQUE passive : Nail: Basic attacks deal 20 bonus damage on-hit vs monsters. Killing large monsters grants 15 bonus experience.
Mana regeneration up.
- "Riot Games: helping mages with their early clears since 5.14. While Runeglaive unlocks a lot of potential for mage junglers in the mid game (with these changes, RG will probably trivialize the jungle post-purchase, but that's a Good Thing), we've heard your feedback that those mage junglers have to get there in the first place.
- It's worth highlighting here: that's not +1 mana per 5 seconds, that's +1 mana per second, which is actually a significant buff for mana-hungry junglers in the early game. This has the secondary effect of also buffing other spell-based junglers like Pantheon and Wukong, which is also something we're looking forward to."
- MANA REGENERATION :
3 mana per second while in combat with monsters ⇒ 4 mana per second while in combat with monsters
- "Back in patch 4.21 we added extra gold to Hunter's Machete and all tier 2 / tier 3 jungle items, but noted that we might have gone a little light."
- Well, now that we've seen the impact of the changes, we can go just a little harder. So here we are. Design levers!"
- BONUS GOLD ON MONSTER KILL :
10 bonus gold ⇒ 15 bonus gold
- COST :
325 gold ⇒ 400 gold
- [REMOVED] STATS : +10 attack damage vs. monsters / +5 damage reduction vs. monsters
- [NEW] PASSIVE - JUNGLER : Deal 30 magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds and gain 7 health and 3 mana per second while in combat with monsters
- [NEW] OH THANK GOODNESS : Hunter's Machete can now only be purchased if you have Smite as a summoner spell
300 gold ⇒ 325 gold
- NEW DAMAGE REDUCTION: +5 Damage Reduction vs. Monsters
- NEW BONUS DAMAGE: +10 Attack Damage vs. Monsters
- REMOVED MAIMLESS:
No longer has the UNIQUE Passive: Maim
- REMOVED BUTCHERLESS:
No longer has the UNIQUE Passive: Butcher
25/11/2013 Gameplay Hotfix
- UNIQUE Passive - Maim
- Health return on hit increased to 5 from 3
- Now also grants 3 health on hit versus monsters
- UNIQUE Passive - Rend changed to UNIQUE Passive - Maim
- Now deals 10 bonus magic damage to monsters with every basic attack
Hunter's Machete added
- Unique Passive - Butcher: Damage dealt to monsters increased by 10%
- Unique Passive - Rend: Basic attacks deal 10 bonus true damage to monsters.
- Cost: 300