+45 Magic Resist
|Passive:||Unique: Upon taking lethal damage, restores the greater of 700 Health or 30% maximum Health and 30% Mana after 4 seconds of stasis (5 minute cooldown).|
Guardian Angel is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Often bought in late game for added survivability.
- Defense > Armor
- Defense > Magic Resist
- Its passive will activate before Anivia's Rebirth, but after Zilean's Chrono Shift buff if the owner has it.
- Morgana's Soul Shackles will stay active during Guardian Angel's passive.
- Healing affects continue to work during the resurrection. Example: 30px Dr Mundo can ult right before death and his ult will continue to heal him while resurrecting.
- Passive does not activate when killed by the Nexus Obelisk.
- Selling and repurchasing the item will not reset the cooldown on its Unique Passive.
- The healing boost of Spirit Visage affects its passive, causing it to restore additional health upon revival.
- When combined with Mercury's Treads, it's possible to receive around 65 armor and magic resistance alone with only two items, making this combo very useful on squishier champions.
- The name "Guardian Angel" is also used for an ability of the DotA hero "Omniknight"
- It's one of the only three items in the game to offer armor and magic resistance, the others being Aegis of the Legion and Locket of the Iron Solari.
Cost and magic resist reduced.
Despite our changes in 6.5, Guardian Angel’s still not pulling its weight as a reactionary defensive buy. Putting it on sale at the cost of a bit of mitigation helps cement GA as the go-to item when looking for life insurance against physical divers and assassins.
TOTAL COST : 2700 gold ⇒ 2400 gold
COMBINE COST : 1180 gold ⇒ 880 gold
MAGIC RESIST : 60 ⇒ 45
Costs less and gives more health to squishy champions.
Guardian Angel’s effect is a game-changer in the right circumstances, but its incredibly high price tag makes it hard to feel confident you’ve made the right choice. It’s expensive for good reason, too - when GA is the go-to defensive item, the game state becomes one where almost every champion buys it after a lead, making it next to impossible for gold-starved opponents to break through all those extra lives. That said, squishy champions (primarily marksmen) have been feeling the pressures of being annihilated by assassins and spell-combos lately, so we’re making Guardian Angel more efficient when it’s the right call.
COMBINE COST : 1380 gold ⇒ 1180 gold
TOTAL COST : 2900 gold ⇒ 2700 gold
REVIVE AMOUNT : 30% of maximum health ⇒ the greater of 700 health or 30% maximum health
TOTAL cost : 2800 gold ⇒ 2900 gold
BUILD path : Chain Vest + Negatron Cloak + 1380 gold
armor : 50 ⇒ 60
MAGIC resist : 50 ⇒ 60
- "Just a small cost correction after we removed and revived Negatron Cloak. There's a Guardian Angel joke in here somewhere but we're not looking for it."
- COMBINE COST :
1250 gold ⇒ 1200 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2850 gold ⇒ 2800 gold
- "See above, which will direct you to above that. So see above the above."
- RECIPE :
Null Magic Mangle + Chain Vest + 1500 gold ⇒ Negatron Cloak + Chain Vest + 1250 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2750 gold ⇒ 2850 gold
- MAGIC RESISTANCE :
45 ⇒ 50
- Recipe Changed: Negatron Cloak + Chain Vest + 1310 Gold = 2750 total Gold, up from 2600
- Magic Resist increased to 40 from 30
- Armor reduced from 68 to 50
- Magic Resist reduced from 38 to 30
- Unique Passive changed to "Revives your champion upon death, restoring 30% of your Maximum Health and Mana (5 minute cooldown).
- Combine cost increased from 1,200 to 1,480
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Added a gray version of the cooldown icon for the passive effect
- Guardian Angel's revive effect will activate after Tryndamere's Undying Rage and Zilean's Chronoshift, but before Anivia's Rebirth
- Now removes most positive buffs from your champion when it activates. For example, Soraka's Astral Blessing, Garen's Judgment, and Fiddlesticks' Crowstorm will now be removed
- Now revives champions at 750 health and 375 mana instead of 40% health and mana
- Will now display a timer showing how long until the effect is ready again
- Will now only proc on cloned units if it was ready to activate when the clone was created. In other words, clones now sync their Guardian Angel states to the main champion when created.
- Clones that expire while being revived with Guardian Angel will no longer last permanently
- Positive buffs are no longer lost on pseudo-death
- Elixirs are no longer lost upon pseudo-death
- Health and mana restored on respawn reduced from 50% to 40%
- You can no longer teleport while being revived
- Combine cost increased from 850 to 1,200
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Bug fixed which caused it to proc more than once every 5 minutes
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a bug where the passive effect would persist past selling the item