|Name||Kang Beom-hyeon (강범현)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||November 18, 1994|
|Team||Start Date||End Date||Role|
GorillA was a substitute on NaJin White Shield throughout most of 2013. He would however play for them at the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 but they were unable to place in the Top 4, finishing 5th-8th after getting through groups and losing (0-3) to CJ Entus Frost.
GorillA's 2014 season was very up and down. NaJin White Shield was able to place 4th at the PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014, losing the 3rd place match (1-3) to KT Rolster Bullets. In the HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014, NaJin was able to get 1st in their group with 2 wins and 1 tie and then winning the tiebreaker against CJ Entus Blaze. The team would then defeat KT Bullets (3-2) and CJ Entus Blaze (3-2) to reach the finals. They were however defeated 1-3 by Samsung Galaxy Blue and placed 2nd. In the HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014, NaJin White Shield placed 2nd in their group with 3 ties. After making their way to the playoffs, they were defeated in the Quarterfinals (2-3) by the eventual champions KT Rolster Arrows.
Earning enough points to attend the 2014 Season Korea Regional Finals, NaJin defeated KT Bullets (3-0) and then KT Arrows (3-0) to reach the final round against SK Telecom T1 K. In an amazing way to round out their gauntlet run, Shield defeated SKT T1 K (3-1) to qualify for the 2014 World Championship. At Worlds, NaJin Shield was placed in Group D along with Cloud9, Alliance and KaBuM! e-Sports. After going 4-2 in the group, despite dropping a few games to Alliance and Cloud9, Shield was able to win the tiebreaker against C9 and get 1st in their group. They were however beaten in the Quarterfinals (0-3) by OMG.
On November 14th, 2014, GorillA joined the HUYA Tigers along with Kuro, Lee, PraY, and Smeb. This team played in the 2015 LoL Champions Korea, where they renamed the team to GE Tigers. They did well at the start of the 2015 season and earned an invitation to the IEM Season IX - World Championship. It was there that the Tigers fought their way to the semifinals, losing only in a 1-2 reverse sweep to Team WE who, in turn, were defeated by Team SoloMid. After returning home, the team proceeded to play in the Champions playoffs due to their first place standing in the regular season. The Tigers made it to the finals where they lost to SK Telecom T1 in a 0-3 sweep and placed second in the entire tournament. The Tigers then played in the 2015 LCK Summer series under a slightly changed name, the KOO Tigers. It was there that they placed fourth in the regular season and qualified for the playoffs but lost in the semifinals to KT Rolster in a 2-3, back-and-forth match. After the summer playoffs ended, KOO was picked as the second seed to the 2015 World Championship due to circuit points. There, KOO performed well in their group, losing twice only to the yoe Flash Wolves. In the bracket stage, they knocked out KT Rolster 3-1 and swept Fnatic 3-0 in the semifinals. In the finals, KOO Tigers were defeated by SK Telecom T1 in a 3-1 fashion.
Prior to the 2016 season, KOO Tigers changed their name to ROX Tigers. The ROX Tigers finished the LCK Spring 2016 Split in first place with a 16-2 record. In the finals of the LCK Spring Playoffs, ROX Tigers were defeated by SK Telecom T1 in a 3-1 fashion. In the regular season of the summer split, they were once again able to finish 1st with a 15-3 record. This time around, their opponent in the final wasn't SK Telecom, it was KT Rolster. In a very close series that became a classic, ROX was able to win it (3-2) and capture their first LCK title since they were formed.
Winning the Summer Split also paved GorillA and ROX's way to the 2016 World Championship, as Korea's #1 seed. At Worlds, GorillA and team were drawn in Group A alongside Albus NoX Luna, Counter Logic Gaming and G2 Esports. They managed to come out as the #1 seed from their group by winning the tiebreaker match against ANX. In playoffs, the team was seeded against LPL's #1 seed, EDward Gaming. However, they easily get past the Chinese team in a 3-1 victory and moved on to the Semifinals. In the 2nd stage of the bracket, however, the team faced SK Telecom T1 and lost. Although the games were close, GorillA and team were still unable to overpower the 2-time World Champions and lost the 5th and final match, thus ending their run at 3rd and 4th place.
GorillA's last match for the season is at the 2016 LoL KeSPA Cup where they, again, faced SKT in the Semifinals. It was a different story this time, however, as they managed to beat the now 3-time World Champions (2-0) and moved on to the Finals. They then faced Kongdoo Monster whom they beat (3-1) to take home the cup.
However, this was the last tournament GorillA played with the team as well. In the off season, ROX Tigers announced that its entire roster, including the Coaches, are already free agents and are open to offers. The next day, GorillA, alongside teammates PraY, Smeb and Kuro parted ways with the team. On December 4th, Longzhu Gaming announced that GorillA joined their roster for 2017 Spring. He will be manning the bot lane alongside his AD Carry from ROX Tigers, PraY.
- Chose the username "GorillA" because apparently he looks like gorilla
- Known as an extremely humble and respectful person
- Is known as one of the best Lulu and Thresh supports in Korea
- Re-popularized Janna as a top-tier support in Season 4
- Selected by caster MonteCristo and journalists Thorin in Summoning Insight as the Player of the Year in 2015
- Invented Miss Fortune support in Season 6 World Championship semi-final against SKT T1 in game 2
|2016-04-23||LCK 2016 Spring Season||ROX Tigers 1 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2015-10-31||2015 Season World Championship||KOO 1 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2015-08-21||SBENU Champions Summer 2015||KOO Tigers 2 : 3 KT Rolster|
|2015-05-02||SBENU Champions Spring 2015||GET 0 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2015-03-14||IEM Season IX - World Championship||GET 1 : 2 Team WE|
|2014-08-30||2014 Season Korea Regional Finals||NJWS 3 : 1 SK Telecom T1 K|
|2014-08-07||ITENJOY NLB Summer 2014||NaJin White Shield 3 : 2 JAG Stealths|
|2014-05-24||HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014||NJWS 1 : 3 Samsung Blue|
|2014-05-22||SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014||Najin 1 : 2 CJ Entus (Club Masters)|
|2014-01-25||PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014||njws 1 : 3 KT Rolster Bullets|
|2013-08-24||GIGABYTE NLB Summer 2013||NaJin White Shield 3 : 0 JAG Falcons|
- September 25th - LoL 2014 World Championship - NJW GorillA Interivew (video) with OGN Global
- November 17th - 마지막 진출팀 HUYA, "다시 시작하는 입장이기에 더욱 노력하겠다" (Korean) with Inven
- February 13th - theScore Inside: an interview with GE Tigers' GorillA with theScore eSports
- October 2nd - FW vs KT - Gorilla Interview with Twitch
- October 6th - KOO Tiger's GorillA: 'as a support the most important thing is that your team does well' with theScore
- October 7th - Gorilla Full English Interview: Rates Western Teams - Predicts Flash Wolves Advances Instead of CLG with Gamespot
- October 8th - KOO Tigers settle for 2nd place in Group A with LoL Esports
- October 18th - [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2HRF78Ym0 KOO Gorilla - "Me, Wolf & Yellowstar are the strongest supports"
- January 21st - ROX vs KT Rolster MVP Interview with GorillA & Kuro with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- January 30th - ROX Gorilla, “It takes trust in your teammates and information” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- February 19th - ROX GorillA, “We will deliver a flawless performance against SBENU" with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- September 14 - [인터뷰] 우승 맛 본 '고릴라' 강범현, '킹콩'이 되어 세계로 더 높게 with Inven
- September 19th - Korean BBQ with ROX Tigers: the perks of Worlds in NA, sound booths and Twitter wars with TheScore eSports
- September 29th - GorillA on Worlds bot lanes: 'I would like to play against TSM's bottom duo Doublelift and Biofrost the most' with YAHOO! Esports
- October 1st - GorillA: 'Smeb is sick to the point that every time he says something he's coughing' with theScore Esports
- October 6th - ROX GorillA: ‘It’s definitely not the case that Korea will for sure win the World Championship.’ with YAHOO! Esports
- October 15th - ROX GorillA on reaching the semifinals and playing SKT again with Slingshot
- November 19th - Full Team Postmatch Interview with the ROX Tigers Translated by Young Jae "RallyJaffa" Jeon (invenglobal.com)
- December 12th - 게임 리포트 : 고릴라 쿠로와 함께하는 선수들의 이적, 그 뒷이야기 1편 with OGN Plus
Articles & Videos
- September 14th - An evening with the ROX Tigers by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- September 26th -
- October 3rd - Ask the Pros: What would you spend your Worlds prize money on by theScore Esports
- October 13th - 2016 World Championship: Quarterfinals Tease by LoL Esports
- October 30th - Playmaker: Analyst -- GorillA | League of Legends by League of Legends
- November 6th - Emily Rand's LCK 2016 Player Awards and All-Stars Votes by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- January 4th - The Quiet Supporter: A look back at GorillA's career by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- January 5th - GorillA: “I want to improve the image of both the Longzhu company and the team’s skill.” by Andrew Kim (slingshotesports.com)
- September 20th - WORLDS 2017 TOP 20 by LoL Esports
- October 4th - Inven's Top 15 Player Ranking for Worlds 2017: Khan Will Be the Most Impactful Player by Inven Global
- October 11th - Longzhu GorillA: "First of all, I don’t want to fight against any LCK teams" by Jaehoon Jeong & James Hong (invenglobal.com)