|Name||Kim Jin-hyun (김진현)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Peak League||Master I|
|Team||Start Date||End Date||Role|
Kim "Emperor" Jin-hyun is the former coach for Hanwha Life Esports.
Kim "Emperor" Jin-hyun joined CJ Entus Blaze as the new AD carry in October of 2013. Emperor's first major tournament with the team was the 2013 World Cyber Games. Blaze won the whole tournament after beating OMG 2-0 in the finals. His first OGN with the team was PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where Blaze made it out of groups but lost 3-1 in the quarterfinals to the KT Rolster Bullets. Blaze then played in HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014 and placed fourth after losing 3-2 to NaJin White Shield in the semifinals and 3-0 to Samsung Ozone. Their final tournament of the season was HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 where Blaze failed to get out of groups.
On November 3rd 2014, it was announced that Emperor was leaving the CJ organization and not re-signing for the 2015 season. In December, he joined Keyd Stars as their starting AD carry, replacing Rafes. They placed second in the CBLOL 2015 Summer Playoffs after losing 3-0 to INTZ e-Sports. Emperor left the team shortly after the tournament. Emperor joined Team Dragon Knights on May 18th, 2015 after they qualified for the LCS; however, he and mid laner Ninja both missed the first four-and-a-half weeks of play due to visa issues, and the team used AD carry substitute LattmaN and mid lane substitutes Bischu and mancloud instead. When Emperor and Ninja finally were able to play, the team found their first victory of the split, defeating then first-place Team Dignitas. Despite that initial success, Team Dragon Knights were only able to secure two more victories over the next four weeks, and they finished in last place with a 3-15 record, one game behind Enemy. As a result, they were automatically relegated to the 2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Season.
G2 Esports quickly rose to prominence and recognition in the LCS, consistently tied for first place after each week, sometimes with H2k and sometimes also with Vitality, until the end of the split when they held first place with sole possession. With a quarterfinal bye, the playoffs also saw them strong, as they defeated both Fnatic and Origen 3-1 to win the season and secure an invitation to the Mid-Season Invitational.
Going into MSI, G2 Esports were seen as a favorite not to win, but to come in second place to the Korean representatives SK Telecom T1. However, the team lost their first four games of the round robin and ultimately finished in fifth place, ahead of only SuperMassive eSports, and out of playoff contention - importantly, this placement meant that Europe would forfeit their Pool 1 seed at Worlds. In a statement published partway through the second day of play, G2 stated that their players had taken vacation time after a "rigorous Spring Split." Emperor later stated that there had been an internal conflict within the team one day prior to the start of the event.
- Korean Challenger Rank 20 before joining Blaze.
- Joined CJ Entus Blaze with DayDream and BaeMe.
- Is regarded as the Best Lucian player in Korea, if not the World
- Female fans seem to love the sound of his deep voice
- Was known as Topi in his Challenger days and once he joined CJ Entus Blaze he changed his name to Emperor
- Korean fans seem to compare him to a type of dog and he acknowledges it and has accepted it as apart of his fan base
- Locodoco considers Emperor as one the highest mechanical players in the World due to his ability to calculate how much damage he can put to enemy champions
Current Season Statistics
|2016-04-17||2016 EU LCS Spring Playoffs||G2 Esports 3 : 1 Origen|
|2015-04-18||2015 CBLOL Summer Playoffs||kstars 0 : 3 INTZ e-Sports Club|
|2014-05-29||SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014||cj cm 0 : 4 Samsung Galaxy|
|2014-05-16||HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014||cjb 2 : 3 Samsung Ozone|
|2014-01-18||ZOTAC NLB Winter 2013-2014||cjb 3 : 1 NaJin Black Sword|
|2013-12-01||2013 World Cyber Games||CJ Blaze 2 : 0 Oh My God|
- December 14th - SEEING STARS: EMPEROR AND DAYDREAM’S FUTURE IMPACT ON THE BRAZILIAN SCENE from Paravine
- November 15th, Jin-Hyun “Emperor” Kim LoLPlayer Interview with FOMOS
- May 18th, An Emperor and his Dragon Knights: A Road of Redemption from theScore
- ]CJ Entus's Facebook Post (Korean/English) facebook.com
- We proudly announce our roster for the 2015 season (Portuguese). keyd.com
- Team Dragon Knights is now Team Arena Online, retains Seraph, Kez, and Ninja dailydot.com
- G2 agrees terms with Emperor & Trick g2esports.com
- The Mid-Season Invitational Power Rankings espn.go.com
- MSI 2016 Power Rankings lolesports.com
- Club statement about MSI 2016 g2esports.com
- G2 Emperor Post on Facebook !! reddit.com