|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||October 4, 1998|
|Team||OpTic Gaming Academy|
|Peak League||Challenger I|
|Team||Start Date||End Date||Role|
A very mechanically gifted but also controversial player, Dardoch's early career consisted of bouncing around on smaller and less known NA teams. Eventually he earned a spot on the Team Liquid organization which transitioned into NA LCS play time. Despite being praised for his mechanics and skills on certain champions, Dardoch also gained a reputation for being "toxic" and hard to work with. This lead to him moving from team to team for some time, unable to find consistency while trying to improve himself.
Dardoch joined Echo Fox when the NA LCS was franchised and finished 3rd in the Spring Playoffs of 2018 with the team, his best result in the league so far.
In March 2015, Dardoch joined Escalate Legion Gaming and played top for them in League One Powered by D!ngIt, and the AlphaDraft Challenger League. When Escalate Legion Gaming was disqualified from the AlphaDraft Challenger League and Storm took their spot, Dardoch joined the team as their top laner. However, shortly thereafter Storm also had to drop from the tournament when Babyeator left and they couldn't find a suitable replacement in time in accordance with ADCL's roster-change restrictions. In May, Dardoch left Storm and joined Magnetic (formerly Elomingle) as their jungler for the 2014 NA Challenger Series Summer Qualifier. After a loss to tournament favorites Misfits, Magnetic beat CLG Black and qualified for the summer season, renaming to Team Imagine. Dardoch left the team in July, after playing with them for the first two weeks of the season.
In August, Dardoch joined Team Liquid Academy and played with them in the HTC Ascension tournament, which they won with a finals victory over Team Frostbite. After an undefeated Open Qualifier and main qualifier run, including two more series wins over Frostbite, Liquid Academy entered the NACS Spring Season.
In December 2015, Team Liquid announced that all of their Liquid Academy members would become "active substitutes" for the 2016 season. After the retirement of starting jungler IWDominate, this brought Dardoch into the LCS roster as the full-time starting jungler.
Liquid's spring split started out rocky, with an 0-2 first week and cumulative winrates of 50% or worse after each of the first eight weeks. At the same time, Dardoch himself began to be recognized as not only one of the best rookies in North America, but even the best North American resident jungle overall in the tournament - and the best Lee Sin player who wasn't an import. Eventually, the team's new roster started to solidify, and they climbed into a fourth-place regular-season finish, behind the newly-formed and almost-undefeated Immortals, CLG, and Cloud9. Dardoch was awarded the title of "rookie of the split" for the NA LCS. The team's quarterfinal series was an easy 3-0 over NRG, but in the semifinals, they lost a narrow five-game series to CLG (the eventual champions). In the third-place series against the tournament-favorite Immortals who had been knocked down in an upset by TSM, Liquid lost once again, this time 0-3, to finish the playoffs in fourth place overall and continuing their "fourth-place curse."
Despite his stellar spring split performance, on May 27th, Dardoch was suspended by Team Liquid for "behavioral problems and team dynamics issues. Due to internal conflict Dardoch transferred to Echo Fox on August 30th"
- Used to main AD, and later Jungle.
- Has played on a team in every role.
|2016-04-16||2016 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||TL 0 : 3 Immortals|
|2016-01-13||2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Qualifier||Liquid A 3 : 0 Team Frostbite|
|2015-12-06||HTC Ascension||Liquid A 3 : 1 Team Frostbite|
|2015-07-22||2015 NA Challenger Series Summer Season||team imagine 6 : 4 Not found|
- November 16th, HTC Ascenion Feature: TLA Dardoch with HTC eSports
- January 14th, TLA Dardoch: "I Definitely Believe the Hype Behind Us Is Justified" with onGamers
- January 27th, Dardoch on Team Liquid: 'We're way better than what we show' with theScore Esports
- February 2nd, Dardoch: "I'm Just a Dumb 17 Year Old Kid Who Played Too Much Solo Queue" with Gamespot
- February 7th, How Dardoch is leading Team Liquid's youth revolution with ESPN Esports
- February 29th, Team Liquid's Dardoch talks NA LCS junglers with ESPN Esports
- March 2nd, Dardoch on managing his emotions and working with a sports psychologist with theScore Esports
- March 6th, Dardoch says TL is "definitely top three now" with Yahoo Esports
- April 3rd, TL Matt on NRG: "We expected a closer series. But we were let down." with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- April 5th, Dardoch on CLG's bye: 'They have the advantage...but I don't think that's going to be enough' with Lisa Doan on theScore Esports
- April 7th, Dardoch on his time with Team Imagine: “I was in contract prison.” with Vince Nairn on Slingshot Esports
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Dardoch vs. Xmithie with theScore
- April 15th, LoL NA LCS: 1 on 1 with Team Liquid - Dardoch with ESPN
- January 22nd - Dardoch on Flame: “It’s a more fulfilling relationship because he’s grateful that I’m around and I’m grateful that he’s around and we just help each other improve.” with Slingshot Esports
- January 24th - Dardoch: 'Onstage, I'm probably the most positive of all the teammates telling everybody that we can win and what to do' with TheScore Esports
- March 15th - Dardoch on FlyQuest: ‘It seems like they don’t take things seriously… They’re not here to be the best’ with YAHOO! Esports
- March 22nd - Dardoch: “You can tell by the downward trajectory of FlyQuest that they’re really bad scrim partners, and their downward trajectory was easily foreseeable because of their scrims.” with Slingshot Esports
- June 7th -
- Template:Vid Dardoch: ‘I wanted to make Worlds. Immortals didn’t really care too much about it’ with YAHOO! Esports
- June 13th - Template:Vid Dardoch on joining CLG: ‘My personality meshed really well with the players and they all took me for what I am’ with YAHOO! Esports
Articles & Videos
- March 27th, How Matt and Dardoch accelerated Team Liquid’s rebuild by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot Esports
- April 7th, Daring Dardoch: North America's Next Great Jungler by Xander Torres on Redbull
- May 29th, Cursed - Why winning Rookie of the Split may spell doom by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- February 16th - Match of the Week Promo: Immortals vs Echo Fox by LoL Esports
- March 1st - BFF: Flame and Dardoch on Immortals’ Spring LCS Performance by Immortals
- March 28th - Pocket Picks: Dardoch's Lee Sin by League of Legends
- March 28th - The top 10 players in the NA LCS by TheScore Esports
- May 23rd - THE RIGID PRODIGY - JOSHUA "DARDOCH" HARTNETT by TrevorJ (esportsheaven.com)
- June 28th - A jungler for a jungler: Emily Rand’s look at the Dardoch/Xmithie trade by Emily Rand (slingshotesports.com)
- December 28th, Dardoch Preseason Vlog
- Dardoch Suspension teamliquidpro.com