|Passive:||Enhanced Movement: +55 Movement Speed|
Slow Resist: Movement slowing effects are reduced by 25%.
Boots of Swiftness is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Boots of Swiftness gives the most base movement speed across all boots, excluding Boots of Mobility whose effect is only temporary. Because of this, these shoes also increase the effectiveness of other non-boot speed increasing items and effects.
- Boots of Swiftness are much more effective than Mercury Treads on certain slows that have a fast refresh rate such as Singed's Mega Adhesive.
- Movement > Boots
Movement speed down.
Boots of Mobility were some tough shoes to fill as the default 'go fast' boots in the League, but Boots of Swiftness have definitely stepped up to the challenge. While Boots of Mobility served the very specific goal of facilitating roaming (movement speed out of combat), Boots of Swiftness give very general power (movement speed all the time). Since other options can’t beat ‘em, most champions are forced to join ‘em by opting into the turbo life. Reducing the speed they give should help the other options find their footing.
MOVEMENT SPEED : 60 ⇒ 55
Movement speed down.
The hottest kicks on the Rift, Swifties are removing decisions when it comes to boot purchases. Now that the impact of 'more speed, cheaper cost' is well understood, we're pulling back just how much quicker they're making you. Still fast, still cheap, just not as strong.
MOVEMENT SPEED : 65 ⇒ 60
Simply put: the gap between the 'utility tier' of boots (Swiftness, Lucidity and Mobility) and 'combat boots' (Mercury Treads, Berserker Graves, Ninja Tabi and Sorceror's Shoes) is too big. We're digging all of the interest in utility-tier kicks, but they're so cheap that it makes everyone else feel left in the dust.
TOTAL COST : 800 gold ⇒ 900 gold
TOTAL cost : 1000 gold ⇒ 800 gold
BUILD path : Boots of Speed + 500 gold
MOVEMENT speed : 60 ⇒ 65
- Items that build out of Boots of Speed have had their recipe costs increased by 25
- Limited to 1 Boots item at a time
- Unique Passive changed to "Enhanced Movement: +60 Movement Speed"
- New Unique Passive - "Slow Resist: Movement slowing effects are reduced by 25%
- Combine cost reduced to 650 from 700
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Combine cost increased from 570 to 700
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Combine cost increased from 475 from 570