|Effects:||+25 Attack Damage|
+40% Attack Speed
+10% Life Steal
|Passive:||Unique: Basic attacks deal 6% of the target's current Health in physical damage (max. 60 damage vs. monsters and minions) on hit|
|Active:||Unique: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health as (min. 100) physical damage, heals for the same amount, and steals 25% of the target's Movement Speed for 3 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
Blade of the Ruined King is a Mythical Tier Item.
- Works well on AD Bruisers that lack any sort of ranged gap closer.
- Works well with champions that have built in attack speed steroids, or tend to build attack speed.
- Should be considered whenever at least one of the enemy champions is stacking health. Champions like Dr. Mundo, Garen, and Olaf are examples of the type of enemy you should build the Ruined King against.
- Attack > Damage
- Attack > Attack Speed
- Attack > Life Steal
that's the spirit
TOTAL Cost : 3200 gold ⇒ 3400 gold
BUILD Path : Bilgewater Cutlass + Recurve Bow + 750 gold
CURRENT HEALTH Damage : 8% ⇒ 6%
- "We get a decent amount of 'bug reports' for Blade of the Ruined King, but they're mostly related to the fact that the active range of BotRK is slightly out of sync (that is, shorter) than basic ranged autoattack ranges. This item actually used to have a 550 range, but it was pretty terrifying on melee champions. That said, since we've reduced the active damage portion of this item, we think we can bring that range sync back."
- ACTIVE CAST RANGE :
450 ⇒ 550
You can now lifesteal the bonus health damage you're dealing!
- "Itemizing against tanky bros (and sisters) can be pretty difficult for an AD champion, so we're seeing if we can give a bit of love back to Blade of the Ruined King - the present day high-health AD tank demolishing item. Giving lifesteal to the on-hit passive means the more health your enemies stack, the more you'll be able to recover while kiting around. Now everyone gets a sustained combat pattern!"
- [NEW] RECIPE :
Bilgewater Cutlass + Dagger + Dagger + 900 gold ⇒ Bilgewater Cutlass + Recurve Bow + 700 gold
- TOTAL COST : 3200 gold (unchanged)
- [NEW] GIMME THAT HEALTH : On-hit passive now benefits from lifesteal
- PASSIVE MINIMUM DAMAGE :
3 ⇒ 10 (bet you didn't know there was a minimum damage before)
- ACTIVE ABILITY: Maximum health damage now
15% ⇒ 10%
- ACTIVE ABILITY: Active ability now steals
30% movement speed ⇒ 25% movement speed
- PASSIVE DAMAGE: Current health damage per hit now
5% ⇒ 8%
15% ⇒ 10%
02/04/2014 Leagues & Gameplay Update
- Fixed an exploit with Blade of the Ruined King's active
- Range reduced to 450 (from 550)
- Active cooldown increased to 90 (from 60)
- Now available on the Crystal Scar
- Active Haste/Slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
3/5 Blade of the Ruined King Hotfix
- Attack Damage reduced to 25 from 30
- Combine cost increased to 1,000 gold from 650 (total cost increased to 3200 gold from 2850)
- Active heal amount is now reduced by the target's Armor
- Maximum damage dealt to minions and monsters reduced to 60 from 90
- These changes make Blade of the Ruined King a more universally useful item for Attack Damage champions and allow it to better fulfill its role in their arsenal as an item to combat high Health targets.
- Recipe Changed: Dagger + Dagger + Bilgewater Cutlass + 650 gold = 2,850 gold
- Attack Damage reduced to 30 from 45
- Now grants 40% Attack Speed
- Life Steal increased to 15% from 10%
- UNIQUE Passive adjusted to "Deals 5% of the target's current Health in bonus physical damage (max 90 damage vs. monsters and minions) on hit"
- UNIQUE Active changed to "Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health as physical damage (min. 100), heals for the same amount, and steals 30% of the target's Movement Speed for 4 seconds (60 second cooldown)"
- UNIQUE Active range increased to 500 from 400
- Attack damage increased to 45 from 40
- Current health damage increased to 5% from 4%
- NEW ITEM Blade of the Ruined King
- Recipe - Bilgewater Cutlass
- Total gold cost - 2,825 (Upgrade cost - 1,000)
- +40 attack damage
- +10% life steal
- Unique Passive - Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).
- Unique Active - Drains target champion, dealing 150% physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1 minute cooldown).