Apollo (Apollo Price)
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Peak League||Challenger I|
|Team||Start Date||End Date||Role|
Formerly known as WizFujiin, Apollo has been a professional player since early 2013. His first major exposure to the NA LCS was when he joined Team Coast for the Spring Split of 2014. The team did make it to the playoffs but was quickly eliminated by Team Dignitas. They were then relegated after a loss to Complexity Black in the Summer Promotion tournament.
Apollo would then go on to bounce around teams both inside and outside of the NA LCS. Having a reputation for being a very stable player, the biggest criticism for Apollo was that he would never lose a game but he could never carry a game. His time on Team EnVyUs served to counter that argument as he formed a very underrated duo lane with fellow support Hakuho. The two would eventually join the newly formed Clutch Gaming following the NA LCS' franchising.
WizFujiiN played with Coast in the 2014 NA LCS Spring Split, but after a 6th-place finish sent them to the relegations once again, they were eliminated from the LCS by compLexity.Black, losing 3 games to 1. WizFujiiN later left the team. He briefly played with GamesterGear before attempting to qualify for the LCS once again.
With teammates Flaresz, Thinkcard, Yusui, and KEITHMCBRIEF on Team LoLPro, WizFujiiN qualified for the Spring Expansion Tournament via the ranked 5's ladder. The team beat Team Fission in the first round 2-0 but then lost 0-2 to Team Coast in the second round.
After using Rhux as a substitute for Impact in the first week, Team Impulse finished the round robin with an 11-7 record, in fourth place. In the playoffs, they defeated Gravity before losing to Team SoloMid and then Team Liquid, placing fourth overall. In the summer season, Team Impulse started shakily, placing no higher than sixth through the end of the fifth week. Starting in the sixth week, the team went on a massive winning streak, which was almost able to continue through two roster changes: first, support Adrian sat out one game and was replaced by Gate; and second, mid laner XiaoWeiXiao was suspended pending an investigation into Elo boosting prior to the ninth week, prompting Adrian to return and Gate to move back to his primary role of mid lane to replace XiaoWeiXiao. This temporary suspension was eventually lengthened to a competitive ban until February 2016. Regardless, Team Impulse finished the last week tied for third place with Gravity and then won their tiebreaker game.
In the summer playoffs, the team beat Dignitas 3-0 before losing to both Counter Logic Gaming and Team Liquid to finish fourth, leaving them with the second-place spot in the Regional Final due to Championship Points. There, they became the second team in a row to fall to underdogs Cloud9 in a reverse sweep and so fell short of the World Championship.
- Was attending University of Washington before getting recruited by Team Coast.
- His former nickname is pronounced "Wiz-Fusion".
- Was planning to get a Computer Science major before leaving school to play professionally.
- Half Japanese and American.
|2015-08-30||2015 Season North America Regional Finals||Tip 2 : 3 Cloud9|
|2015-08-22||2015 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||Tip 1 : 3 Team Liquid|
|2015-04-18||2015 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||Tip 2 : 3 Team Liquid|
|2013-12-15||North American Challenger League||Team Coast 3 : 1 compLexity Gaming|
- January 10th - Wizfujiin talks about becoming the AD carry for Coast (video) with onGamers
- January 19th - Coast Botlane: WizFujiiN and Daydreamin on Coast's super week run (video) with onGamers
- March 27th - Interview with Team Coast's WizFujiiN (video) with Collegiate StarLeague
- April 20th - Team Coast Interview Series: WizFujiiN with CyberpowerPC
- January 23rd - Rift Rant Ep. 1: Team Impulse's Apollo Price & Adrian Ma (video) (36m17s) with SK Gaming
- January 25th - Apollo talks about their first games in the LCS (video) with onGamers
- February 24th - TIP Apollo on stepping up in scrims and Impulse's reward structure (video) with onGamers
- March 22nd -
- March 24th - League Legacies: TiP Apollo with Azubu
- June 2nd - Apollo on TIP's Prep for Summer Split and Who He's Looking Out For with GameSpot
- July 15th - Apollo on TIP: "We've Decided to Start Winning" with GameSpot
- July 21st - Apollo Provides the Backstory On Adrian's Departure From TIP with GameSpot
- August 10th - NA LCS Playoffs 2015: Apollo - "We were confident against Dignitas" with SK Gaming
- September 14th - Apollo on TIP's Break - Everyone Has Moved out of the House with onGamers
- November 21st - Meet The New Team Dignitas LoL: Interview with our AD Carry, Apollo with Dignitas
- January 12th - Interview with DIG Apollo on the bot lane meta and the new roster with Dignitas
- January 20th -
- February 10th, Apollo on Dignitas' play: 'We tend to get a bit overzealous' with theScore
- June 5th, Apollo on Ray's play against NRG: 'It shows he can carry games; If he gets the lead he'll carry' with theScore
- March 2nd - Apollo on keeping morale high, communication problems, and avoiding burnout with YAHOO! Esports
- March 20th - Envy Apollo on difference in LCS and scrims: “On stage, you’ll kind of see a very slower style. The game is just naturally slower paced.” with Slingshot Esports
- April 5th - NV Apollo discusses burning out and why LirA is the best jungler in North America. with YAHOO! Esports
- June 6th - Apollo on bringing on two new mid laners and the lack of audience for NV’s game with YAHOO! Esports
- June 29th - Envy Apollo: “When I look back, I feel like I haven’t really improved significantly and I think it’s about time that I step up as one of the veteran players and actually perform well.” with Slingshot Esports
- July 18th - Apollo on NV's improvement: 'Lira taught us more than any other coach really did' with State of the League
Articles & Videos
- January 13th - Players to Watch: Apollo by Schuyler Winter (lolesports.com)
- February 2nd - APOLLO LEARNS TEAMWORK ON TEAM IMPULSE by Taylor "Riot RoboTayCo" Cocke
February 21st - Player Spotlight: Apollo Price by LoL Esports
- June 12th - "We always want to fight" -- Apollo and TiP aim for the top from LoL Esports
- November 21st - Apollo on practicing in Korea, playing with Dignitas, and his favorite champions by Daniel Rosen on theScore
- March 12th - League Legacies: TiP Apollo with Azubu
- Team Impulse's Twitter Post twitter.com