|Effects:||+60 Ability Power|
+60 Magic Resist
+10% Cooldown Reduction
|Passive:||Aura: Reduces the Magic Resist of nearby enemies by 10-25 (based on level).|
Abyssal Scepter is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- The Abyssal Scepter's aura is helpful for melee and short short-ranged casters, whom excel at close range combat and deal a considerable amount of magic damage to the enemy.
- The aura debuff also affects minions and monsters, with the exception of Dragon, Baron Nashor and Ebonmaw.
- An icon indicating the debuff aura will often appear before the enemy who carries it. If an enemy is standing in a nearby brush or just over a wall, the debuff icon may give them away even if they cannot be seen.
- Defense > Magic Resist
- Magic > Ability Power
Aura now scales with level and no longer affects minions. Now grants cooldown reduction.
In a mage-vs-mage matchup, the winner often comes down to who finishes Abyssal Scepter first. Its 30 ability power bump on completion synergizes with its magic resist reduction aura to creathuge combat advantage upon completion. If that weren’t enough, the aura also makes it much easier to push minion waves into the enemy turret, denying opponents the gold necessary to finish their own Scepter. We’re repositioning Abyssal Scepter to play up its defensive aspects, while tuning its aura to be less oppressive in lane but more relevant in the late game.
TOTAL COST : 2350 gold ⇒ 2750 gold
BUILD PATH : Fiendish Codex + Negatron Cloak + Amplifying Tome + 695 gold
ABILITY POWER : 70 ⇒ 60
MAGIC RESIST : 50 ⇒ 60
NEW COOLDOWN REDUCTION : 10%
MAGIC RESIST REDUCTION AURA : 20 ⇒ 10-25 (at levels 1-18)
REMOVED MINION HATE : Aura no longer applies to minions
TOTAL cost : 2450 gold ⇒ 2350 gold
BUILD path : Blasting Wand + Negatron Cloak + 800 gold
While Negatron Cloak is here, we might as well use it in recipes that make sense.
- "We don't see this as being a permanent fix for Abyssal Scepter, but felt we could make this change just to clean up the recipe. While there's less Magic Resistance in the build path, it also consumes less inventory space!"
- RECIPE :
Blasting Wand + Null-Magic Mantle + Null-Magic Mantle + 580 gold ⇒ Negatron Cloak + Blasting Wand + 730 gold
- TOTAL COST : Unchanged (2440 gold)
- RECIPE :
Blasting Wand + Negatron Cloak + 980 gold ⇒ Blasting Wand + Null-Magic Mantle + Null-Magic Mantle + 580 gold
- TOTAL COST :
2560 gold ⇒ 2440 gold
- MAGIC RESISTANCE :
45 ⇒ 50
- Magic Resist reduced from 57 to 45
- Combine cost reduced from 1,050 to 980
- Aura range reduced to 600 from 1,000
- Magic resist reduction aura reduced from -30 to -20
July 10, 2009 Patch
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Combine cost increased from 1,000 to 1,050
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Reduced magic resistance reduction aura from -40 to -30
- Increased ability power from 60 to 70
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Reduced ability power from 70 to 60
- Reduced magic resist from 70 to 60
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Magic resistance aura increased from -30 to -40