MLG Winter Championship 2012
|Organizer||Major League Gaming|
|Prize Pool||$56,000 (4v4)|
The MLG Winter Championship 2012 was the first event of the 2012 MLG season, taking place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio from March 23-25, 2012. Halo: Reach was played in 4v4 and FFA competition alongside King of Fighters XIII, Mortal Kombat 9, Soul Calibur V and StarCraft II.
The Winter Championship would serve as the only MLG Halo: Reach event to utilize what many consider to be the true competitive Reach experience of disabled sprint and "no bloom".
- Open event, seeding determined by Open FFA results
- Double-elimination bracket, best-of-3 series (WB 1-4, LB 1-6), best of 5 series (WB 5-Finals, LB 6-Finals)
- Extended Series rule: best-of-7/11 series starting 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 based on result of previous meeting
A total of $56,000 USD in prize money was awarded.
A total of $3,000 USD in prize money was awarded.
|From Winners Bracket|
|From Losers Bracket|
- Full Ro256 DE Bracket - majorleaguegaming.com
- 2012 Winter Championship - Halo Reach 4v4 Event Format - majorleaguegaming.com
- Full Halo: Reach Winter Championship Roster - majorleaguegaming.com
- Halo: Reach – Final Results - majorleaguegaming.com
- 2012 MLG Winter Championship (Halo: Reach) - esportsearnings.com
- Halo: Reach – Prizes - majorleaguegaming.com via archive.org