MLG CoD League Season 3
|Country|| United States [[Category:Unrecognised Country|| United States]]|
The MLG CoD League Season 3 will be a predominately online event. It will be the 3rd installment of MLG's new league system.
- Separated into regular season and playoff bracket
- 12 Teams
- Each team plays the other teams 4 times. Total of 44 Games
- Each team will be considered "Home" for 22 games and "Away" for 22 games
- All games are a best of 5
- Top 8 qualify for the Playoffs
The 3 game modes being played will consist of Domination, Search & Destroy, and Blitz. The maps for each game mode are as follows:
||Search & Destroy
Going into Season 3 of the League, MLG's goal was to stabilize the roster change process and provide protection for both organizations and players. To do this, they put into effect several new rules. Some of the key new rules added are:
- Only the 48 players who qualified for Season 3 can be picked up. Players that didn't qualify can enter the draft at which point they can become starters on the team that picks them
- Team Owners own the league spot.
- Teams are allowed to drop only 1 player. Any players that leave the team after that must file for Free Agency. If they do not, they keep their spot on the roster.
- All transactions must go through MLG and are not official until they are approved.
- Teams will have the opportunity to draft players to complete an 8 team roster(4 Starts/4 Subs).
For a complete list of the new rules, you can visit here: MLG Rule Changes
Teams will need a minimum of 4 picks in the draft to complete their 8 player roster. Some teams however, will require more picks as they may not have 4 players already on the team going into the draft. To be eligible for the draft, players must have at least 3,000 Pro Points.
Regular Season Matches